« Limited Edition Joy Division Zune | Home | Swimming Pool Laptop Computer »

July 31, 2008

bookofjoe World Exclusive — Automatic Shoe Cover Dispenser

Jh5tuyt

Just in from roving correspondent Chris Miller, whose nominal job is flogging his innovative TigerTaco (inquire within), who writes, "I was at a trade show a couple of months ago and I saw something and thought of you... it's from China [what of interest these days isn't? But I digress] and I can't get their site to load right [no worries, Chris — I put my crack technical team on it and they got it working in a Guangdong minute], but it's an automatic 'sanitary shoe cover dispenser'... you stick your left foot in, and it applies one of those surgical booties, you take it out, you shake it all about ... and that's what it's all about."

"It was one of those weird/funny/cool things you stumble on (I was tempted to stick my foot in and then start screaming like it was cutting off my foot, but somehow I think the humor would have been lost in translation)."

Good call there, Chris.

There appear to be two models: the ES02 up top and the ES01, below.

T765

I wonder if I could get my hospital to spring for one of these for the doctors' locker room.

Prolly right after they okay the treadmill I want for the OR.

Real soon now.

July 31, 2008 at 04:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference bookofjoe World Exclusive — Automatic Shoe Cover Dispenser:

Comments

In holland there are several hospitals working with succes with a non electric type , called Clicky Junior and Clicky Senior.

Posted by: Miranda | Jan 1, 2009 1:50:14 PM

We, (a BOJ readers group) would like to know a bit more about your crack research team (give credit where credit is due) to) and who's behind this. Also, we don't think we are alone. It seems like you would need to have 15-20 universities and possibly the NSA behind this great team together with groups like the Soros or Gates foundation as well as international institutions for funding this.
You get answers when you need them and that kind research team has to have many $ and people behind that kind of ability. Sometimes we feel that you are not forthcoming in giving enough credit to this phenomenal group of researchers and it's about time you let the world know; so this massive group might be able to take a bow.
Just let us know BOJ!

Posted by: wistrade | Jul 31, 2008 8:59:48 PM

LOL @ Mary Sue "bend over for the booties" (and how Joe's promoted me from a taco flogger to a roving correspondent; the only thing on me that roves are my eyes, especially when someone is bending over for them booties!~)

Posted by: chris | Jul 31, 2008 6:40:11 PM

You know, right about the age my kid projectile vomited several times a day, I could have done with a whole body version of this thing. Sounds like a wonderful contraption.

Posted by: Milena | Jul 31, 2008 6:22:07 PM

My first reaction to this as someone who works in hospital supply---

"If you can't be bothered to bend over and pull on booties, you've got issues."

Posted by: Mary Sue | Jul 31, 2008 5:48:48 PM