« I was certain, but I was wrong — by Jennifer Thompson | Home | My top 10 songs of the '80s »

August 5, 2008

Seven-11-Style Automatic Hot Dog Grill Roller

You ever take a close look at those hot dogs on the grill next to the register at a Seven-11?

Some of them look like they've been there since the store opened, they're so wizened.

And yet... they're there for a reason.

Right?

I mean, someone must buy one every now and then.

I know this to be true because a couple years ago, one morning when I stopped in for a giant coffee, someone in line asked for one of those hot dogs.

I tried not to be obvious but I could not help but linger after I'd gone through the line so as to watch the guy eat it.

Amazing.

I'm putting eating a Seven-11 hot dog on my list of things to do before I die.

If I play my cards right I could kill two birds with one stone.

Automatic Hot Dog Grill Roller

Get full-flavored evenly cooked hot dogs without the hassle of tedious hand turning.

Our Automatic Hot Dog Grill Roller rotates up to 5 hot dogs or sausages continuously to ensure even cooking — just like at the ballpark.

Stainless steel construction with 6 active rollers.

Powered by 4 AA batteries (not included.)

Disassembles for easy cleaning.

....................

$39.95 (hot dogs not included).

August 5, 2008 at 09:01 AM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Seven-11-Style Automatic Hot Dog Grill Roller:

» Snorting adderall. from Adderall.
Adderall. Snort adderall xr. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 21, 2009 9:06:33 PM

» Adderall. from Adderall.
Adderall. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 21, 2009 11:45:51 PM

» Hydrocodone. from Hydrocodone.
Hydrocodone. Withdrawal frpm hydrocodone. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 22, 2009 8:23:13 AM

Comments

Augh! Milli Vanilli! Make them stop! Make them stop! And btw, there was no music in the 1980s. At. All.

Posted by: Becs | Aug 6, 2008 5:51:43 PM

Heavens above! Just because some children act a little less than well-behaved is no reason to go grilling the little hooligans on hot dog rollers! My stars!

Posted by: Flautist | Aug 6, 2008 5:16:43 PM

It's only wrong if you use the same rolers to cook with.
This should also be fine with brats. 7-11 does so.

Alas, there are no 7-11's in the state of North Carolina!

Posted by: itsrichard | Aug 6, 2008 3:59:46 PM

Is it wrong that whenever I see those roller hot dog thingies (like at the movies or something) I always have an urge to stick my feet on them (I resist the urge I'm pleased to say). That thing looks like the best foot massager EVER!

Posted by: sara | Aug 6, 2008 11:05:30 AM

will this work with brats?

Posted by: mlbaltz | Aug 5, 2008 2:05:32 PM

You have not lived until you've ate a roller dog.

Just avoid all-beef dogs. I honestly don't know what the rest of the country is thinking, but all-beef dogs are awful.

Posted by: Rocketboy | Aug 5, 2008 12:40:27 PM

Wizened. That is such a good word, and I'd never heard or thought of it applied to hot dogs, or any kind of meat product. It's perfectly good, it just struck me as really funny. I guess I think of "wizened" as wrinkly & shriveled + wise and/or superannuated, in human terms. The more I think about it and say it out loud, the funnier it gets.

And speaking of that kind of thing? I was reading the update on Morgan Freeman's road accident and it said he'd been rushed to the Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center. The Elvis Trauma Center! That is SO cool! I don't know, it kind of takes a little bit of the sting out of being maced up -- "When I cut my big toe off in the lawnmower, they rushed me to the Elvis Center and sewed it back on!" See, if I was a zillionaire with vaults & vaults of cash, I'd donate a big bag of it to build a trauma center, with the stipulation that it be called (with Warner Bros. permission, natch) the Daffy Duck Memorial Trauma Center. (Even though Daffy is still with us, I think.) Just imagine -- all these thugs and drug dealers getting shot up and begging to be taken anyplace but the Daffy Duck Center 'cause it just wouldn't look badass to the homeboyz, 'na mean? "The President was rushed to the Daffy Duck Memorial Trauma Center after choking on a wizened 7-eleven hot dog today..."

Huh. All that from "wizened"! Whee!

Posted by: Flautist | Aug 5, 2008 10:00:23 AM