« Sarychev Volcano Eruption from the International Space Station | Home | 21st-century alchemy: Hydrogen from urine »

July 6, 2009

Man Wall — Are you a man? Do you have a wall? Well, then...

1chfdy

The whole man cave shtick takes a great leap forward with this formidable potential addition to your hidey-hole.

2gjhg

"You get four TVs, a 1200-watt Panasonic 5.1 home theater system, DVD player with 5-disc changer, iPod docking station, a keg-o-rator, microwave oven, two cigar humidors, 32-bottle wine rack and — get this — a 7-foot long sports ticker with its own computer built into it," wrote Doug Aamoth in a July 1, 2009 CrunchGear story.

3fthtrf

The entry level model described and pictured above and below costs $14,900.

4tuyt

You can add whatever suits your fancy — or fantasy.

5utfui

More/bigger TVs, sound system upgrade, your favorite team colors, the sky's the limit.

6jhkuh

Co-inventor Vince Caruso told the Wall Street Journal's David Biderman, "My wife loves it because there're no cords or wires... that's how you're supposed to pitch it to them."

7;oipoi

Good luck.

8iu90ui

Apply within.

July 6, 2009 at 03:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Man Wall — Are you a man? Do you have a wall? Well, then...:

Comments

So, which countries has America actually bailed out. I can only think of Granada, but I'm sure that because I didn't pay a gazillion dollars for my education, I must be retarded. That must be it, because I think this wall of manliness is actually a wall of "WTF were you thinking-ness"

Posted by: Gorilla | Sep 1, 2009 9:14:31 AM

Really having a bunch of shitty t.v.s and some booze makes you a man? At least we know that this man supports Wal-mart. Lawl lawl lawl.

Posted by: NinjaFresh | Aug 31, 2009 2:24:31 PM

Now I won't diminish rugby's "manliness" but if you've played American Football, you'll know that it takes a certain courage and toughness to be able to go balls out flying into another human being and KNOW it's going to ring your bell but your job is to get that F*er on the ground with maximum violence. And you'll also know that there is a defensive mentality (hence the "maximum violence" term) and then there is an offensive mentality. One is basically batshit crazy and the other more tactical and organized. Defensive = FLY at the ball, Offensive = coordinate to gain real estate.

Posted by: me | Aug 14, 2009 11:37:42 AM

RE:
Dave:'God, I hate Americans.'

Jim: God, I hate non-American's that talk about how much they hate Americans only because they are crying wuss-bags living in their parents basements and most likely had their country's ass bailed out by the toughest, most FREE country on the planet.
Choke on your freedom fries, Boner.
Just because Paris Hilton is more of a man than you'll ever be doesn't mean you need to knock on the whole country or an awsome man-vention that you're too derelict to conceive on your own.

Posted by: JIM | Jul 12, 2009 3:34:52 AM

While I think that the whole thing looks wonderful, I really have to ask: why would I add a microwave, wine rack and a keg-o-rator to the man wall when I could just have that all at the bar on the other side of the room.

Posted by: Dave | Jul 10, 2009 4:45:33 PM

Oh, this is great if you're a fat sack of shit who can't get up off the couch long enough to take a walk around the block. God, I hate Americans.

Posted by: Michael | Jul 10, 2009 2:48:20 PM

Why would you want to watch 5 screens at once thats just retarded, how are you supposed to control them all? individual remotes? you would need a different kind of remote for each to avoid controlling the wrong ones also how are you supposed to hear them? The screen sizes are tiny and the wood colour/styling is pretty nasty would suit a house on the prairy but nothing else. Also whats the point in having a microwave inside it when you still have to go to the kitchen to get the microwave food? might aswell just use the normal microwave and save leaving crap all over your living room.

Posted by: heh | Jul 10, 2009 2:14:43 PM

Good pics, but I have 2 exceptions:
1. American football - really? I think rugby is much more manly. None of this wussy "pads" business, and you play the WHOLE game, not just "oh, I'm offense" or "Oh, I'm defense". But I digress.
2. Coors Light? Hey, I admit, I enjoy a silver bullet now and then myself, but really, something with a whole lot more body (maybe an IPA) would certainly be more manly.

Those aside, definitely a thumbs up!

Posted by: Nathan | Jul 10, 2009 1:44:54 PM

Murphy bed?
Oh, it's not THAT kind of a Man Wall... mind in the gutter again, as usual...

Posted by: Flautist | Jul 9, 2009 7:41:07 PM

Where's the liquor stash? Real men drink Whiskey and smoke cigars... wine is ok, but I don't see this dude showing off his wine collection to his football friends like that. Get some Booker's in there man!

Posted by: Joe | Jul 9, 2009 6:24:33 PM

If a cable slips/wears out? If you need to add a couple of pieces?

Posted by: Peter | Jul 9, 2009 5:47:24 PM

They forgot to include a supply of these next to each chair: http://www.bookofjoe.com/2009/07/travel-john-disposable-urinal.html

Posted by: Nancy | Jul 7, 2009 2:11:26 PM