April 13, 2010
Facebook Nation — 3rd most populous country on Earth
And you can quote me on that.
Glow Bone Work Gloves
"Gloves you can work in, with cutout finger holes so you can do anything. And the bones glow in the dark for nighttime. So really, you never have to take them off."
Makes sense to me.
Time machine — Washington Star alum page
McLellan's moved on to bigger and better things and is now an inventor, with her (hopefully) forthcoming Topiary Topper (below, with its creator)
likely to make an immediate impact on trash storage everywhere.
What is it?
Answer here this time tomorrow.
Elmore Leonard's 10 Rules of Writing
1. Never open a book with weather.
2. Avoid prologues
3. Never use a verb other than "said" to carry dialogue.
4. Never use an adverb to modify the verb "said."
5. Keep your exclamation points under control.
6. Never use the words "suddenly" or "all hell broke loose."
7. Use regional dialect, patois, sparingly.
8. Avoid detailed descriptions of characters.
9. Don't go into great detail describing places and things.
10. Try to leave out the part that readers tend to skip.
Leonard added, "My most important rule is one that sums up the 10: If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it."Modem Noise has an expanded version.
My Card Case
Designed by Adrian Olabuenaga.
3-5/8" x 2-1/16".
If paper towels could talk
Hallucination Engine — by Jud Turner
32 inches in diameter x 8 inches deep,
the 2010 piece is an assemblage of found objects.