« Eternity Ice Tray | Home | Tin Can Conference Phones »

May 10, 2012

TIME magazine swings for the fences

1101120521_600

The new issue of TIME magazine (above) is gonna cause all manner of commotion in grocery store checkout lines.

May 10, 2012 at 04:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference TIME magazine swings for the fences:

Comments

The presence of a Babinski's reflex after age 2 is a sign of damage to the nerve paths connecting the spinal cord and the brain (the corticospinal tract). This tract runs down both sides of the spinal cord. A Babinski's reflex can occur on one side or on both sides of the body.

An abnormal Babinski's reflex can be temporary or permanent.

Posted by: sherlock | May 12, 2012 3:26:37 PM

Mr. Peach: The toes curl up in a Babinski reflex congruent with the age of a nursing child. The camera puts at least two years on you (and the costume designer tried to camouflage the effect).

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | May 12, 2012 2:13:57 PM

And lastly,

why are the young man's toes curled upward?

Posted by: JoePeach | May 12, 2012 1:15:26 PM

Just tit for tat....

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | May 12, 2012 8:38:36 AM

I think this is the first time I've had the excuse to post Garry Shandling..

Posted by: Rocketboy | May 11, 2012 9:59:05 PM

Today's best heard comment today, "If I had a mom like that I wouldn't stop there."

Posted by: friskypainter | May 11, 2012 7:51:27 PM

Have you seen Time Magazine lately? It has been reduced to about the thickness of a pamphlet. This must be the last dying breath of a magazine whose time has come and gone. They are obviously taking P.R. lessons from Brittany, Paris and Lindsey in a last ditch attempt for a comeback. Not making any predictions, but just a short time ago brittany was losing her kids and shaving her hair off..... now, she's a billionaire.

Posted by: Saul | May 11, 2012 3:44:33 PM

Oh yeah - remember the scene in "The Last Emperor"? The seven year old emperor goes over to mom for a snack. It was shocking in its way. My way of thinking is, if they've got teeth, they'll do fine without me.

Posted by: Becs | May 11, 2012 5:50:33 AM

this young man has NFL potential - sign him up

Posted by: sherlock | May 11, 2012 1:39:19 AM

I'm not really sure why I am disturbed. Is it because they are being exploited? And yes, this kid will likely become well known for this, whether he likes it or not. 20 years from now perhaps they'll reappear on another cover. "All grown up and doing fine!" Mom seems quite comfortable championing her cause while her youth and sexiness are exploited to sell magazines. She's young too. Might she regret this someday? I have no problem with attachment parenting and although I'm not one for sharing my bed with my kids, I am for anything that promotes love, remnants of the hippie in me. Still, this has a definite "yuk" factor.

Posted by: tamra | May 11, 2012 1:32:45 AM

Where do they find these people? Is mom single now?

Posted by: friskypainter | May 10, 2012 9:17:38 PM

THREE years old? The hell with the tits - she needs to get that kid's pituitary gland checked out.

Posted by: Fatuousist | May 10, 2012 8:29:47 PM

I'm thinking that when he hits about the ninth grade, Ms. Grumet son is going to be dealing with some nickname issues.

Posted by: Rex Hammock | May 10, 2012 8:01:07 PM

He owes here at least a dollar. Maybe should tip more.

Posted by: vanderleun | May 10, 2012 7:49:23 PM

With a cover like that, tt looks as though they'll sell a lot of issues.

Posted by: Kay | May 10, 2012 6:26:00 PM

Looks more like a very healthy five year old than a three year old.

Posted by: Jesse | May 10, 2012 6:24:36 PM

Got Milk?

Posted by: Bruce | May 10, 2012 5:15:06 PM

Ho-leee! Bidniss must really be falling off at Time.

Posted by: Flautist | May 10, 2012 4:36:47 PM

Well...he looks very healthy for a 3-year-old. Looks satisfied, too.

Posted by: teg | May 10, 2012 4:34:48 PM