August 15, 2012
Experts' Expert: Steven Raichlen's 5 Tips for Backyard Barbecuers
1. Follow the 30% rule — never use more than 70% of your grill's surface so you have an area to maneuver food in case of flare-ups or because some is cooking faster than the rest.
2. Use a three-part fire — on one end, pile coals for maximum heat. Next to that area, stack fewer coals for milder heat and longer cooking. Keep the third section empty of coals to allow indirect cooking and keep food warm.
3. Never let meat come to room temperature before grilling — start cooking it when it's still cold.
4. Sauce meats at the end or serve sauce on the side — never sauce while cooking.
5. Keep your grill clean — clean it after every use.
August 15, 2012 at 04:01 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Experts' Expert: Steven Raichlen's 5 Tips for Backyard Barbecuers:
The comments to this entry are closed.