« 'Confessions" — Candy Chang | Home | New York, New York — After the storm »

November 3, 2012

Larry in Paul Biba's Bedroom

Ww

Hahahahaha.

Sorry.

I simply couldn't resist.

There it is up top, in flagrante delicto.

And that's not all: how about in the bathroom?

Yeah, there too! (Below).

Friend and reader Paul Biba, barely stayin' alive in post-apocalyptic SandyLand aka Bernardsville, New Jersey, just sent me these pictures of his current favorite flashlight — Larry — in use at his house.

My plumber, Kevin Burns, told me about this wonderful little light a few months ago, noting that he used it many times a day for all manner of things and now rarely used any other flashlight.

That's a pretty powerful recommendation.

4147PAsFC9L

Long story about the Larry Flashlight (above) short:

• 11 hours hands-free lighting
  • 60 lumens from 8 LEDs
  • Light travels 46 meters
  • Rotating magnetic clip
  • Water-resistant

But wait — it gets even better: runs on 2 ordinary AAA batteries instead of those stupid flat ones you won't be able to find when you need them.

Paul's a flashlight FREAK with a huge collection of very expensive hardware, all of which sits gathering dust on his shelves during the power outage in New Jersey while little Larry makes itself useful everywhere.

Don't wait for a disaster: get one for yourself NOW.

While you're at it, get some for people you care about.

I know I did.

Screen Shot 2012-11-03 at 6.47.37 PM

Gray Cat-approved—

Photo

so you know it must be good.

November 3, 2012 at 07:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Larry in Paul Biba's Bedroom:

Comments

Marla, trust me on this: When you turn this puppy on you won't notice—or care— if it's red. That light is BRIGHT!

Posted by: bookofjoe | Nov 4, 2012 8:51:46 AM

Just bought 5 on Gray Cat's recommendation! But F.Y.I; currently, only the red ones are $9.99.

Posted by: Marla | Nov 4, 2012 8:49:52 AM

Yeah, ever since the Northridge quake of '94, I have had a love affair with flashlights (having found myself woefully short that morning and the 3 days following). Here's one that can be bought in bulk at this price, pick up a jumbo pack or 2 of AA's at costco and you are good to go.

Posted by: tamra | Nov 4, 2012 1:01:49 AM

Why does the grey cat look suddenly kittenish? Just wondering.

Posted by: jonathand | Nov 4, 2012 1:00:29 AM

It won me over with the two regular normal human AAA batteries instead of, like you say, stupid flat ones, or some crazy-ass configuration that's 5.63 volts or watts or amps or whatever the ***k it is that you have to practically special order and it costs more than the ***king flashlight and when you need a new one you forget and buy normal batteries only to finally remember they won't do jack ***t for that device. Oooooh I hate that, it makes me so mad I could crush a grape. Anyway this one sounds excellent.

I wonder if flashlight love is genetic; not one of my family members has had less than 25 at any time.

Posted by: Flautist | Nov 3, 2012 8:17:57 PM