November 19, 2012
My iPad mini and I went to Whole Foods today
What did we do?
Well, for one thing we didn't have any interruptions for phone calls — because for the first time in memory I left my phone at home.
If you're gonna do something, do it right, I say.
Here's what I did while I was at Whole Foods with my pocket-sized iPad (I was in no hurry and the following occurred at an unhurried pace):
• Took pictures of Flackers (flax seed crackers) and Biowafers (not some real-life Soylent Green-type thingie but, rather, an actual Italian-made cookie with layers of lemon filling) and tweeted the results.
• Checked on bookofjoe to make sure posts were appearing as scheduled.
• Sent an heads-up email and tweet to let Susannah Breslin know that I'd featured her today in my 11:01 a.m. post.
• Sent Ms. Breslin a gift copy of my eBook as a one-year wedding anniversary present.
• Checked my email and answered a few.
• Had a look at my Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Checked my site traffic and AdSense/Amazon Associates accounts.
• Read the Wall Street Journal and tweeted and emailed a number of articles to various people.
• Read the Washington Post via its new iPad app: not bad.
• Put up a couple of draft blog posts using TypePad's terrible, primitive iPhone app on the iPad.
And some other stuff I can't remember.
Man, what a useful thing this tool is.
November 19, 2012 at 09:01 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference My iPad mini and I went to Whole Foods today:
To those who complain about me being a shill for Apple and all things related, know that I am constantly looking for something better and trying anything that might offer better performance.
You saw how fast I ditched Safari and Camino when I discovered the clear superiority of Google Chrome over both (and Firefox, which has lost its mojo and threatens to disappear).
That I have been buying and then disdaining Google's and Amazon's hardware doesn't mean I don't WANT them to be better than Apple's.
The next great tech company is already out there but still under the radar.
Gray Cat and I are doing everything we can to find it.
She's not a doctor — but I am.
Posted by: bookofjoe | Nov 21, 2012 9:14:37 AM
Keep posting on the mini Joe, I am saving to get one, very excited about it.
Posted by: friskypainter | Nov 20, 2012 11:38:39 PM
Put Skype on that thing and you will never face a phone-free day!
Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | Nov 20, 2012 3:05:07 PM
dang it, Joe! did you forget the groceries?
Posted by: marshall | Nov 20, 2012 9:26:26 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.