December 8, 2012
Bomb Sight: Explore the London Blitz — October 7, 1940 to June 6, 1941
Mapped: every bomb dropped.
bookofjoe's Favorite Thing*: Apricot Sunshine Liquid Soap
Just happened on this stuff on Amazon the other day while I was looking for something else....
You know, my best friend, down in Houston, insists that I'm missing out by not getting out more and going to stores and seeing what's there.
He says there's no comparison to the experience I have online.
But I think he's the one getting shortchanged.
But I digress.
This soap is even better in use than it looks or sounds on the page.
Brings a wonderful scent and promise and memory of summer — apricots, ah... — to the coldest hearth.
Try it, you'll like it.
If not, let me know and I'll refund every penny you paid for it.
That's the bookofjoe way.
*OK, busted: my second favorite thing. #1's in the picture too. As any fool can plainly see.
Helpful Hints from joeeze: Quick & Dirty Mosquito Trap
From Well Done Stuff!:
1. Cut the top off a 2-liter bottle.
2. Invert the top cone piece and place it inside the straight part of the bottle.
3. Glue the two pieces together.
4. Add 1 teaspoon yeast and 1/2 cup sugar to a little lukewarm water and pour the mixture into the bottle.
5. Mosquitoes are attracted to your exhaled carbon dioxide — the yeast feeds off the sugar and emits the same gas so mosquitos enters the bottle, thinking they will find food there....
Emergency Inflatable Toast
Highlights and details from the website:
• 5" x 5.5"