December 08, 2012
Helpful Hints from joeeze: Quick & Dirty Mosquito Trap
From Well Done Stuff!:
1. Cut the top off a 2-liter bottle.
2. Invert the top cone piece and place it inside the straight part of the bottle.
3. Glue the two pieces together.
4. Add 1 teaspoon yeast and 1/2 cup sugar to a little lukewarm water and pour the mixture into the bottle.
5. Mosquitoes are attracted to your exhaled carbon dioxide — the yeast feeds off the sugar and emits the same gas so mosquitos enters the bottle, thinking they will find food there....
December 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Helpful Hints from joeeze: Quick & Dirty Mosquito Trap:
1/2 cup sugar? Way too much. A couple TBS would do.
Great trick! Will try it some time.
Posted by: jim` | Dec 8, 2012 11:31:33 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.