« Harvesting silk from a spider — video | Home | Trekpassions.com — "How many lonely Trekkies are there?" »

January 15, 2013

Quirky Pluck Egg Yolk Extractor — "With a name like that, it better be good"

Quirky-pluck-egg-yolk-extractor-xl

From The Green Head:

PLUCK_SHOP_03

"Sure you could just use the shell to help separate a yolk from the egg white, but if you're not skilled in this technique it can end up being a messy experience."

Quirky-pluck-egg-yolk-extractor-4

"Just crack an egg and use this handy contraption to quickly suck away the yolk almost like magic."

PLUCK_SHOP_01

"It's great for anyone who enjoys egg white omelettes or for when a recipe calls for yolks to be removed."

PLUCK_SHOP_4

But don't take The Green Head's word for it: below,

inventor Mark Fusco puts his creation through its paces.

$12.99 (raw eggs not included).

January 15, 2013 at 04:01 AM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Quirky Pluck Egg Yolk Extractor — "With a name like that, it better be good":

Comments

It's eggstremely eggsasperating to watch someone "invent" a product that is eggsactly the same as something that already eggsists.

Posted by: Fred | Jan 15, 2013 11:16:32 PM

What John posted.

Posted by: Miguel Marcos | Jan 15, 2013 10:48:33 AM

I'm not even going to mention that it's far quicker for me to use my fingers to do this, but if you did want another way, why wouldn't you just use the bulb off a turkey baster? It's the same thing without the extraneous view. I shall also keep mum about the fact that egg white omelettes are not 'getting more popular' and that I don't actually believe guy #1 has high cholesterol due to his shiftiness when speaking of oatmeal.

I will say that if you can't eat egg yolks, just move on and eat something else entirely. The yolk is essential. I fail to see the point of that quintessential Southern California health breakfast, the egg white omelette, unless the point is to be forlorn.

What would you say -- at qty 1000, about two bucks a pop to have those made in Shenzhen?

Posted by: Mike Harney | Jan 15, 2013 10:42:49 AM

@ John... my thoughts, exactly. but why recycle when you can buy something shiny and new?

Posted by: tightwad | Jan 15, 2013 5:49:01 AM

The so-called 'inventor' obviously saw this youtube clip in circulation several months back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz2Vnp5ZW4c

Posted by: John | Jan 15, 2013 4:10:18 AM