« Hip hop vocabulary compared between artists | Home | Evolution of Kodak Brownie Cameras »

May 9, 2014

Cat Table

Photo_12

From the website:

Photo_22

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Img

The Cat Table designed by Ruan Hao exhibited in the University of Milan at Milan Design Week in 2014丨阮昊新作“猫桌”参展2014年米兰设计周于米兰大学展区亮相

Photo_61

People who live with cat always have those kind of experiences:

1. Putting away the cat from your lap top was like a sentimental ritual of temporary farewell.

2. A proper sized hole could be so irresistible to cats. Their curiosity would be greatly satisfied through repetitively exploring the unknown path behind the hole.

3. The design of CAT Table was a fusion of those experiences, as well a locus where the interaction occurs. It is a table for us — and a paradise for cats.

Photo_51

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

[via reader Mike W. who added "Via NotCot but you've probably already seen it since you are in the know."

Not true!!

Fans, readers, and visitors!!

Far more often than not I am not already aware and "in the know" about stuff that appears online and/or in print.

There is so much stuff in the world, it's not even close.

If something interests you that you think might intrigue me, send it on.

As a rule, the most interesting stuff I feature comes from you: diligent as my Crack Research Team®™© and Gray Cat are, we can't hold a candle to your collective field of view.

Once upon a time back in 2009 I had some 10,000 daily visitors: over the ensuing five years there's been a steady erosion to where now I have about 2,000 readers on average on a given day.

Was it something I said?

I haven't a clue why the trend is what it is.

Maybe it's like the Big Crunch, that theory of the universe that posits a cycle of expansion followed by collapse followed by reexpansion.

If so, I better fasten my seat belt... woo hoo!

But I digress.

Mike W. added: "In the text: is 'temporary farewell' an oxymoron or is it some kind of zen koan?"

Bueller?

clifyt?

Flautist?

Anyone?]

May 9, 2014 at 08:01 AM | Permalink

Comments

This table needs a little piece of carpet in there somewhere, as a landing, gripping, parking spot. Something cozy for cat to adhere to, it doesn't have to be large.

Glad you're back, Joe da Man

Posted by: Kay | May 11, 2014 6:45:48 PM

This awesome table reminds me how much it sucks to be allergic to cats and litter boxes.

Flautist, you know cat. I just learned that trick the other day as I was trying to herd a cat back into a room. Repeatedly, it worked like a charm.

Joe, be careful what you ask for. You might get inundated with links. Daily hits, while surely important to advertisers and their ilk, is only one metric to consider; how about time spent on site, global reach, etc? What's your objective?

Personally, I related closer to the more daring BOJ v.1.0 and am curious about how those stats might relate. I'm sure your demographic has evolved considerably since.

Posted by: marshall | May 10, 2014 10:55:47 AM

Possibly, to Cat, it is the Unbearable Temporariness of Farewell.

Cat and Door: Cat 'exits' through slightly opened door, agenda unknown. Looking back, 'door' obstacle reappears, triggering need to re-'exit' through 'door'. Look-back (hardwired), need to 'exit', etc. All is farewell.

Posted by: Flautist | May 9, 2014 5:52:09 PM

Fair enough. Will send links which might specifically interest you and BOJ.

Whether you've seen them or not, I'd still like a reply when and if I do because that's just common courtesy and takes but a yactosecond. Yet it rewards me for taking time and effort to send a link.

Am I making any sense?

Glad you're back. Missed you!

Posted by: jim` | May 9, 2014 5:05:08 PM

How does your site work on iPhones, iPads and iPods?

Lots of people have stopped using desktop computers (I still do, though).
This could account for some of the reduction in viewers.

Posted by: terrence | May 9, 2014 3:53:17 PM

You're like Jazz, Joe. Perhaps not as many sales as pop music, but a more refined following.

Posted by: tamra | May 9, 2014 12:16:30 PM