April 17, 2017
Best New Yorker Cover of the Year
By Harry Bliss.
bookofjoe's Favorite Thing: Garmin Forerunner 35 Watch
As any fool can plainly see I bought this watch two months ago.
It's close to perfect.
Things I like:
• Easy to figure out how to use it, and for this TechnoDolt©® that's a really big deal. The manual was way too complex for me so I just noodled around until I had the knack
• Super-soft and comfortable band made of stretchy rubber, way better than the thick rigid plastic one on the Garmin Forerunner 305 I used for the past 10 years or so
• Simple clear display customizable to show just the things I want to see while I'm racing or training: distance covered/elapsed time/pace
• Battery easily lasts for a half-marathon, the longest distance I run; my 305 sometimes pooped out toward the end
• Built-in heart rate monitor, which I only use when I'm chilling (current low = 49), works quite well
• Light: 1.3 oz., less than half the 2.72 oz. of my old 305
Thing I don't like:
• Sometimes it takes way too long to pick up GPS satellites: I've had to start races while it's still searching