« iPod Shuffle - A steal at twice the price | Home | A Bathing Ape - the (almost) secret address of the new New York BAPE store »

January 20, 2005

APO - World's Most Expensive Jeans

Bling_gauge

Currently, Gucci holds the Guinness World Record for the most expensive jeans: they sold in stores for $3,134 in 1998 and featured African beads, feathers, and designer rips.

Well, I've got news: there's a new "designer rip" [off] out there.

From New York-based Calvin Stewart come APO Jeans, which - tricked-out with a diamond button and rivets - start at $4,000.

Of course, you could buy the economy version: they run only $1,000 a pair.

I had no idea you were so cheap.

Really.

For your grand you'll get the bargain-basement special, so be warned: silver buttons and rivets, no extras.

You can upgrade to 14k white or yellow gold for $1,500; platinum will set you back $3,250.

"All jeans will come with an authenticity number as well as an appraisal sheet from a top jeweler in the New York diamond district."

Yeah, don't forget the appraisal sheet if you expect to get into the really hot clubs.

Otherwise, it's like when you went back to school after being absent without bringing a note from a parent; you're just asking for trouble.

But wait, there's more - from the website:

Personalized designer jeans that are exclusively made for their clients' individual fit.

Our goal is to target sports, entertainment, and business professionals.

Our jeans are made with some of the most expensive denim in the world.

Unlike other jean zippers, our zippers are specially polished and plated.

APO Jeans' one-of-a-kind pockets (below)

2002131881

are made with exotic silk satin rather than the regular cotton material used by other jeans.

And last but not least, each label is personalized with the client's name and ID number, enhancing each individual jeans' exclusiveness.

Well, I'm tired of everyone else in the world cashing in while I sit here watching.

From this point forward I'm only going to offer "Designer Anesthesia™."

I've just applied for a trademark for the term.

What exactly is Designer Anesthesia™, you ask?

That will be the subject of a future post.

Heck, I don't want you to abandon me now, when I'm just getting going....

But I will give you a hint: it's very expensive.

Q. What is the sound of bling?

A. Ka-ching!

January 20, 2005 at 04:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference APO - World's Most Expensive Jeans:

» Bush Issues U.N. Threat To Iran from stop its uranium
are close to a deal that would offer Iran economic incentives to give up the program. [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 8, 2006 2:05:28 AM

» Sam Smith: Roy Atop Bulls List from center Joel Przybilla
Trail Blazers center Joel Przybilla as priorities, reports Sam Smith of THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE. [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 14, 2006 2:29:22 AM

» CELEB: Baby, Baby, Dead Guy: Celeb Scrapple for Wednesday, June 7th from childhood - in
magazines." Overseas rights went to Hello , while People magazine [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 14, 2006 8:27:06 AM

» Stress of caregiving may lead to dental ills from ead full story
ead full story for latest details. [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 15, 2006 9:47:20 AM

» Shawn Hogan, CEO of DigitalPoint, Battles with the Motion Picture Association of America from incredibly popular
downloading Meet the Fockers over BitTorrent. Shawn denies this and has turned... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 1, 2006 6:02:13 AM

» Monarchs Still Sizzling, Even Against the West from Sacramento spoiled
Conference foes, Sacramento spoiled kids' day at KeyArena with a 74-61 victory over the [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 8, 2006 9:13:42 AM

» Working Wounded: Lewis Black, CEO from he Angry Funny
he Angry Funny Man Discusses His New Role as CEO of ... Himself [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 9, 2006 8:27:46 AM

Comments

Mr. Joe my name is Domenick and i recently read the article on Nigo the BAPE extrodinare and was interested in his shoes. I design shirts that are similar to the designs on his shoesi I use only paint and glitter lots of colors to make the shirts stand out and look different. my shirts where in a fashion show and a store owner was interested in me putting some shirts in his store. If you can please grant me the oppertunity to showcase my work to you and Nigo, all i need is an oppertunity. if you like I can e-mail you some pictures of the shirts if you are able to reply to my message. Thank you very much Domenick (Florida nick_droc2003@yahoo.com)

Posted by: Domenick Johnson | Nov 23, 2005 7:02:25 PM

Tell me more Elizabeth.

Posted by: josie stephenson | May 29, 2005 5:03:36 PM

Josie must be mistaken! Calvin Stewart is a liar, a cheat and a stalker. His jeans are ripoffss, APO is the real deal. he stole their idea. do not do business with him at all! i am reporting him to the better business bureau.

Posted by: Elizabeth Almonte | Mar 14, 2005 2:18:58 PM

i need ur jeans how will i get them

Posted by: donald eke | Feb 23, 2005 4:25:42 AM

i wish i was rich so i could by expensive jeans like everyone is wearing these days.I wish people wouldnt judge you by what you were, its the inside that counts!

Posted by: jessica | Feb 10, 2005 8:51:24 PM

I just got my jeans from La Calvion. WOW!!!!!!! I have never had any item of clothing as comfortable as these jeans. I wish I had a pair for every day of the week!!! It was an absolute pleasure dealing with La Calvion. It's not just the jeans that are tailored. Calvin Stewart treated me like I was his most important client. When I couldn't make it to him to have my measurements taken, he came to me. When my jeans were finished, he brought them to me personally and waited while I tried them on to make sure I was "happy with the fit." He is one of the most personable, likeable individuals I've met. I will do business with La Calvion again. By the way, someone should do a write-up on the custom T-shirts and shoes La Calvion is doing.

Posted by: Josie Stephenson | Feb 6, 2005 9:29:30 PM

Calvin Stewart previously was a partner and designed at APO but he has a great new high end line, "La Calvion". it is amazing! The jeans start at 1k for the custom line. There is also a line called "Classic" which is more reasonable with jeans starting at $250.

Posted by: jessica rivera | Jan 25, 2005 4:59:49 PM

P.T. Barnum was a smart man...

Posted by: Robin | Jan 21, 2005 10:58:00 AM