« Ray Kurzweil falls to Earth | Home | Jaffa Sweetie »

March 1, 2005

Toshiba Bone Conduction Music Pillow

Rlx_p1

From the wizards of Toshiba comes this very cool pillow that transmits sound not by air but, rather, via bone.

Enjoy a more tranquil sleep with Toshiba's osseous conduction music pillow.

As you place your head on the pillow, you can feel music through your bones.

Rlx_p1_2

Therefore, you need not to worry about disturbing others with the sound of the music.

The pillow is also compliant with stereo and TV and has stereo sound speakers.

Rlx_p1_1_1

Ask for model RLX–P1 (it will be helpful if you can read Japanese).

[via japantoday.com and whereisben.com]

March 1, 2005 at 04:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Toshiba Bone Conduction Music Pillow:

» The Music Pillow Problem from Everything And Nothing
    Christy wrote to Joe after reading his bone conduction music pillow entry: I am very interest on buying music pillow. Before I want to buy it, I want to know how much will you charge on your pillow. My reply:I [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 25, 2006 4:06:21 PM

Comments

I just want to know how did you advertise your product?

Posted by: Tan Tsuey Chyn | Feb 24, 2006 4:13:28 PM

Yeah, a friend had a Bone Fone (I think it was deliberately misspelled like that) in high school, so that would have been '81 to '83 or thereabouts. I recall that it worked well enough, so I was always surprised that technology somehow remained stranded in the '80s...

Oh wait, here's a page:

Posted by: Pres | Mar 8, 2005 8:58:27 AM

Hi Folks,

Does anybody know, where I can get this bone conduction pillow?

I found it on the japanese amazon... but seems like they wont ship it to outside Japan.

Oli

Posted by: Oli | Mar 7, 2005 9:06:16 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there a similar device called bone phones in the mid-80's? The object in question looked like a portly snake and the bone phone user would place the device across thier shoulders and presto music in your body!

Posted by: Jay | Mar 1, 2005 8:45:14 PM