« Floating Solar-Powered Fountain | Home | bookofjoe can make money for you in your spare time »

April 9, 2005

Meet Mariah Carey

S_14

Being a joehead means you get all sorts of perks denied the average Joe.

For example, this heads-up from this morning's New York Times on Tuesday's upcoming [latest] unveiling of the "new" Mariah Carey.

"Be one of the first to purchase Mariah Carey's latest CD, 'The Emancipation of Mimi,' at our new store in NoHo Manhattan."

No, that's not where and when you meet her, booboo: when you purchase her CD you "receive a wristband that could put you toward the front of the line to meet her at 7 p.m."

"Could"?

"Toward?"

Mariah's handlers must have drunk some particularly potent Kool-Aid 'cause last I looked, when Paris Hilton unveiled her new perfume a few months ago there was no "could" nor was there any "toward."

You "did" receive a wristband for the line.

Period.

Oh, yeah, one more thing: don't bother bringing any sketchy stuff you may have acquired and expect Mariah to autograph it for you: you'll be outa there in a New York minute.

Not that any of my readers would have that sort of thing lying around anyway.

On another note, let me say that this is the second time in the past two weeks I've been delighted to be able to put up a post using a graphic from a New York Times ad, something I simply couldn't do prior to subscribing to the online edition at NewsStand.

Another perk of NewsStand is that many pictures which appear in black and white in the print edition are in their original color online.

1_47

Big, big difference and much better.

April 9, 2005 at 01:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Meet Mariah Carey:

Comments

hi iam maria AND I AM 13 YEARS OLD i want to meet you mariahcarey i wish i could be like you, you are soooooooooooo cool and y love your songs specialy shake it off ,webelong together and we belong together remix and it's like that y'all and i wish i could meet you .ps you could email or call me at[561]2723906 please i am a fan of you you ARE SO COOL mariah carey take care and how could i meet you I BROKE MY CELBUT IWILLBE GETING ANOTHERUNESOON MY FEL ON THE FLOOR Y WAS UP STAIRS THATS WHY OK TAKECARE BYE OH AND Y LIVE IN DELRAY BEACH , AND I LOVE THAT SONG THAT IS DONT FORGETABOUT US I HAVE YOUR NEW CD OK TAKECARE Y WISH I COULD MEET YOU!!!!!!!AND YOUR NICK IS ''MIMI''COOL NICKMARIAHCAREYOKIHAVE TO GO BYE mariahyou have the best voiceand you are so pretty i wish i could be like you wen i am in a bad mood i lisen to your cd and it'putsme in a beter mood cause she is a wonderfullsinger ang people that talkabout you bad dont worry they are haters and yi dont like haters because they are allbays angry because you are the bes wel idont like haters ollraight bye

Posted by: maria | Dec 18, 2005 7:50:58 PM

hi iam maria i want to meet you mariahcarey i wish i could be like you, you are soooooooooooo cool and y love your songs specialy shake it off ,webelong together and we belong together remix and it's like that y'all and i wish i could meet you .ps you could email or call me at[561]2723906 please i am a fan of you you ARE SO COOL mariah carey take care and how could i meet you I BROKE MY CELBUT IWILLBE GETING ANOTHERUNESOON MY FEL ON THE FLOOR Y WAS UP STAIRS THATS WHY OK TAKECARE BYE HO AND Y LIVE IN DELRAY BEACHOKBYE

Posted by: maria | Dec 18, 2005 7:17:40 PM

my name is C.J. and it
would me an honor if
i got to meet ms.carey
i mostly love shake it off

Posted by: C.J. | Dec 10, 2005 11:05:05 PM

I want to meet Mariah Carey sooooo bad!!!! How can I meet her?

Posted by: Kelsey | Nov 28, 2005 9:40:21 PM

Hi, I am only 12 years old and I love Mariah Carey.I will love to see Mariah Carey. I admire her,her songs are brilliant. I hope you come to Los Angeles,CA in partiqually. I was going to see her but my cousin's son was sick and she could'nt leave him by himself.( he is only 2 months old) Now I sit and cry because I could'nt go. I LOVE YOU MARIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. PLEASE MARIAH contact me (I'm dieing to see you) at my email address or my phone number(323) 919-9868 or(323)265-4491. The first one is my cell phone and the second one is my house phone.

Posted by: Yajaira Heredia | Nov 15, 2005 9:07:55 PM

I Would love to meet Mariah Carey, It would be unforgetable. I love her voice, her music and everything there is.. Mariah needs to come to Florida, preferably Stuart, Florida! If I did meet her I would be the happiest person ever! I can't wait to get The re-emanciation of mimi on Novemeber 15th!!

Posted by: LINDSEY | Nov 6, 2005 2:57:08 PM

Hey I am 12 years old and I am a Mariah Carey fan. I think she's pretty and she has a wonderful voice. I hate haters. Anyways, I am hoping to meet her in person one day. To Mimi: I <3 U!
~*~Danisa from NYC~*~

Posted by: Danisa | Sep 30, 2005 5:17:34 PM

im 28 and i loved mariah since she first came out i saw her in concert im from boston ma i had 3rd row seats and one of the security pointed to me and was like do uwant to come back stage i was running but my boy friend at the time was like no way you dont know what or if youll even meet her you never no! but if theres anyway in the world i can meet her and hang with her id die!some people say i look like her a little.

Posted by: nicole | Sep 18, 2005 2:44:32 PM

How can I meet Mariah Carey in person?

Posted by: Allison | Sep 11, 2005 6:56:23 PM

where is noho?

Posted by: jasmine | Aug 14, 2005 8:39:37 AM

don't, joe, don't, for the love of God! Steel yourself, man, don't let yourself get drunk with power!

Posted by: yourconscience | Jul 14, 2005 3:13:05 PM

i love mariah carey her voice is soooooo harmonious i'm 14 and very intrested in singing please could u get in contact with me and perhaps give me a singing lesson or 2

Posted by: kirsty sanders | Jul 14, 2005 9:42:48 AM