« Aszure Barton — The next Mark Morris? | Home | 'A collective identity does not travel with a ticket' »

July 26, 2005

Remote Control Padlock

P49600_1

Why?

Because they could, that's why.

Tired of dragging out the key every time you want to open your padlock?

Our Remote Control Padlock ends all that fuss with a tiny infrared remote.

Just point the remote at the lock, press the button and the padlock springs open.

Hardened steel shackle, all–metal casing and optional key entry.

Along with your tricked–out padlock and remote control you get the following:

• Spare key

• Red LED mini–flashlight on remote

• 2 AAA batteries for the padlock

• 1 button cell battery for the remote

"4 billion rolling security codes prevent accidental opening by others."

Hackers probably have slightly better things to do than try and open your silly padlock — you'll be fine.

Measures 3.25"H x 2.5"W x 1.25"D.

$17.98 here.

The thought did occur to me that looking for your "tiny infrared remote" might be just as much a pain in the buttocks as "dragging out the key."

And also that your key never fails to work because of a dead battery.

But I'm sure that's just my inner Luddite speaking.

Ignore it.

July 26, 2005 at 03:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Remote Control Padlock:

Comments

This padlock has nowhere near 4 billion rolling security codes. It actually has 65,535 codes and it's rolling code security is incremental and not encrypted.

Don't waste your money on this gimmick.

For a better explanation of this, you can look at the software I wrote over 4 years ago that can crack one of these locks in less than 24 hours. It is located here: http://www.michaelleesecurity.com/downloads/EZLock.zip

Posted by: Michael Lee | Mar 5, 2010 7:25:41 PM

I have a son with Cerebral Palsy - in Gr 9 - can't manipulate a combination lock or key lock for his locker. Do these remote padlocks exist anywhere? They seem like a very useful product for disabled people.

Barb Sambasivam

Posted by: Barbara Sambasivam | Sep 24, 2009 12:10:32 PM

We lock and unlock a tall wooden gate through a 9" by 9" door flap -- and that's not easy trying to fit a key to a padlock. Every website I check says the product is discontinued. Does anyone know where I can buy this remote keyless padlock??

Posted by: Bill Garnett | Dec 5, 2008 7:25:30 AM

kurt, If you believe hard enough, maybe the lock fairy will leave one under your pillow at night.

Posted by: RocketBoy | Nov 14, 2008 6:26:01 PM

where can i find this lock please tell me

Posted by: kurt | Nov 14, 2008 6:17:12 PM

i was able to find the locks on this website. They are selling the for 24.95.
off to go buy a bunch . hope this helps everyone find them

Posted by: phil | Oct 1, 2008 2:20:12 PM

Where can I find these locks? My son attends a Special Education school where they are in desperate need of these locks. He has one we purchased 2 years ago from Laser Lock, but they went out of business. Now it appears the manufacturer of this one is no longer making them. This could benefit several people with disabilities if somebody would just start making them again.

Posted by: Debbie S | Sep 23, 2008 8:21:09 PM

I also work with children who have CP and cannot open their lockers with conventional padlocks...the wireless remote control locks are the answer to their independence....why can't I find this ANYWHERE?????
HELP_

Posted by: kate blake | Sep 5, 2008 5:03:06 PM

I work with special needs kids. Where can you buy them?

Posted by: Kara | Oct 8, 2007 9:03:43 PM

Do you ship to the UK?

I have been trying to replace my remote control padlock which is identical to the one shown in your picture. It was MARVELLOUS.
Unfortunately, it no longer works. Yes! All batteries are fine.
The UK Company where I purchased it has ceased trading.
I don't buy on-line but could mail you a dollar check which you could cash first before sending me the padlock.
Please reply.
Frances Brown, Mrs. Suffolk, UK

Posted by: | Jul 11, 2007 1:04:23 PM

Dear sir,

Could you please let me know the manufacturer

of this remote lock . I am from State of Kuwait

would like to purchase this pad lock
Thanks
Hanif
Kuwait

Posted by: Hanif Ahamed | Aug 9, 2006 12:15:31 PM

Hi,

Why? Because one of my Special Needs students with cerebral palsy can't open a combination or key padlock. That's why! This will allow him the independence that he so deserves as he enters highschool. Is it possible for Sunny, grade 8 student at Fulton Secondary School, to receive a free lock to try out. If it works well for him, the school will purchase a few more for his other lockers throughout the school (gym, shop and 2nd floor lockers).

Thanks,
Lisa Balcombe
Special Ed. Teacher
Fulton Secondary School
11604 Upper Summit Drive
Vernon, BC, Canada
V1B 2B4
250 558 4290

Posted by: Lisa Balcombe | Jun 9, 2006 12:14:38 AM

Nice remo9te lock.Is this available in diffrent variety or only this which is shown in image.

Posted by: Lack | Jul 27, 2005 7:15:30 AM