« Worst Bag of the Year — Episode 3: Stephanie Johnson Strikes Back | Home | bookofjoeTV not a pipe dream after all? »

October 4, 2005

See the Rolling Stones in concert this Thursday night

Ioup_1

That's the good news.

The bad news is you have to come to Charlottesville, the podunk town I live in, to catch the show, which starts at 7 p.m. "rain or shine" at the University of Virginia's Scott Stadium.

I'll be there: I got my tickets online earlier this year the day they went on sale.

But guess what?

You can do the very same thing today.

Yesterday's Charlottesville Daily Progress (we call it the Daily Regress but no matter) featured a front page story by Melanie Mayhew in which she noted, deep within the article, in its continuation on page A5 inside, that some seats were still available at all price levels at www.ticketmaster.com.

Huh.

I just went and checked and sure enough, they've released more seats for sale at all levels, from $60 to $350.

You could look it up (in the graphic that leads this post).

So you see there are some advantages to living in Hicksville: bet you couldn't just waltz in and get Stones tickets in Dallas or Philadelphia two days before the show.

See you there.

October 4, 2005 at 01:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference See the Rolling Stones in concert this Thursday night:

» Stones Concert Even More Memorable from In the Headlights
From Reuters yesterday--It seems the Rolling Stones Geezer tour was even more memorable than one might have anticipated as a bomb threat halted the concert in Charlottesville, Virginia for 45 minutes on thursday. The threat was telephoned in about [Read More]

Tracked on Oct 8, 2005 8:01:36 AM

Comments

Dr. Stirt,
Who could have ever imagined that the 'podunk' town you live in would be the target of a bomb threat during a Rolling Stones concert. That just cracks me up! (not the bomb threat of course, the fact that it was there.)
Can't wait to hear your take on the events of the evening. Please, step out of your daily routine and give us a blow by blow. I am sure your readers would be most interested.

Posted by: llt | Oct 7, 2005 9:09:51 AM

Actually there are still tickets available for Little Rock in March. I think just the $350 seats. I don't know if I can pick that much cotton by then.

Posted by: ScienceChic | Oct 4, 2005 9:06:19 PM

Damn. I have to go on a kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin patch on Thursday. But I did buy the new Stones album on iTunes last week, so I'll play it really loud while soaking in the bathtub on Thursday night (the only place I can listen to music loud and uninterrupted in my house) and try to be there in spirit. Rock on, Joey (and Mick and Keith and Brian and Charlie and Darryl.) ;)

Posted by: Shawn Lea | Oct 4, 2005 3:59:28 PM