« Bicycle Parts Pendulum Clock | Home | EaseOut™ Broken Bulb Remover »

January 24, 2006

Panera Blocked Site Hack

Hghgjhghjghg

I remarked Saturday on the fact that I couldn't access bookofjoe on my local Panera's WiFi because it was blocked.

Reader Benjamin Tung of the great state of Michigan confirmed shortly thereafter that the Italian–American corporate version of the Chinese firewall is up and functioning in a similar fashion at his local branch of the sandwich/bakery chain.

Benjamin wrote, "Don't make me choose between the cinnamon raisin bread and reading your blog."

I hear you.

In the meantime you can use a nifty workaround submitted by Enoch Choi, a reader who, among other things, is the founder and CEO of medmusings.

Here's his hack, which he put up in the comments section of the Panera post:

********************

Sweet.

One of the nice things about bookofjoe is that even though I'm a TechnoDolt™ I've got a plethora of readers who, when it comes to technology, know quite well the difference between a hawk and a handsaw.

[via Enoch Choi and medmusings]

********************

Addendum at 4:23 p.m.: Just moments ago I received the following email from Enoch Choi:

I'm not just a reader... I'm a joehead ;)

Stipulated.

January 24, 2006 at 10:01 AM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Panera Blocked Site Hack:

» Insurgents down US helicopter in Iraq (Reuters) from of Baghdad on
during clashes south of Baghdad on Sunday, killing two soldiers, the U.S. military said on Monday. [Read More]

Tracked on May 21, 2006 9:05:39 PM

» Bridge Hurt At Nightclub from treatment. Three
nightclub. An ambulance was called but Bridge refused treatment. Three men were arrested, one on suspicion of [Read More]

Tracked on May 26, 2006 9:15:08 PM

» Recent Cardinals Call-Up Trying Too Hard To Befriend Albert Pujols from a 24-year-old
Reyes, a 24-year-old pitcher who was called up from the Cardinals' Triple-A Memphis affiliate on May... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 8, 2006 6:40:15 PM

» Firefox Gets Desktop Search Support (and it's not Google) from and bookmarks
a search tool that supports Mozilla Firefox history and bookmarks indexing. This makes CDS the first desktop search tool to fully support Firefox. [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 16, 2006 1:56:04 PM

» U.N. Gives Iran Nuke Deadline from end of August
and Chinese demands, the draft requires further discussion before considering sanctions. [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 8, 2006 1:51:52 AM

» Premature baby brain delay clue from premature babies'
premature babies' brains can show those likely to have difficulties, scientists suggest. [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 8, 2006 5:26:33 AM

» Cholesterol Drug Makers See Competition from Drug Makers Tout
Drug Makers Tout Products' Superiority As Category Competition Mounts [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 14, 2006 10:38:21 AM

Comments

excellent! i'm not just a reader... i'm a joehead ;)

Posted by: enochchoi | Jan 24, 2006 3:54:01 PM