« 'Why So Lonesome?' | Home | National Register of Big Trees »

July 8, 2006

Ultrasonic Dog Dazer

Ultrasonic Dazer™

Inaudible to humans, the Dazer emits safe-but-annoying ultrasonic soundwaves to keep unwanted canines away.

A must for walkers, joggers, and outdoor enthusiasts and a great training tool for dogs.

256y6t5

A great gift for police officers, meter readers, postal carriers, and express couriers!

Easy-to-use device includes belt/pocket clip and fits snugly in your hand.

Requires one 9V battery (included).

High-impact plastic.

4" long.

....................

Before you run to get your credit card, consider this: I purchased the CatScram™ Ultrasonic cat repeller from this same catalog for $39.99.

Long story short: I put it right over the kitchen sink in an attempt to discourage my cats from spending the majority of their waking hours licking the faucet.

Guess what?

The photo below,

K1971c

from the website and catalog, is a fantasy.

The catalog version has a little bubble over the cat's head that says, "I guess I won't play here again!"

Not likely.

My CatScram now lives in the basement along with all the failed bedtime reading lights and their ilk.

July 8, 2006 at 01:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Ultrasonic Dog Dazer:

» Dog Dazers from Coolest Gadgets
I dont know if the dog dazer will make dogs run away with their tail between their legs or just annoy them enough to bite you but its a cool idea. A must for walkers, joggers, and outdoor enthusiasts. Great training tool for dogs, too! ... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 10, 2006 9:59:17 AM

Comments

"The red light went on to indicate that "inaudible ultrasonic waves" were beaming out whenever the cats jumped up to get a drink — but the "annoying" waves didn't seem to annoy them one iota."

Your problem is, that while the sound annoys the cats, the fun factor of annoying you is greater.

Posted by: itsrichard | Sep 13, 2008 9:37:11 AM

I got a CatScram as a handmedown because I have 5 cats, all of which prefer the dining room floor to any of the litter boxes. I have to clean the floor at least once or twice a day from them and ever since I put the thing on the floor in the area that they always pee, I haven't had a puddle in over a week. I didn't believe it would work and would have never bought one because of that, but I am now looking for a second for the spare bedroom floor. Worth a try if you find it cheap or have the option of returning it.

Posted by: Sally | Sep 12, 2008 8:30:56 PM

My neighbor needs the dog dazer for our barking dogs. That's gonna be on his Christmas list forsure. What he doesn't understand is that they only bark when provoked. They protect us better than some of the local law enforcement officials. Anyways, I do have to giggle at the pic of the kitty too. Can't stand cats but that poor thing looks a little deformed jumping from the sink? Was he just getting a drink or actually enjoying the snack left out for him too? And if it's the latter then there had to have been some catnip mixed in the dough? My puppies would love to take care of the kitty and make sure he never drinks from the faucet again....hehehe Just a FYI...I was always told never trust a cat lover. Just like a cat lover should never trust a dog lover. If only life would be so darn easy to figure out the cat lovers could stay with cat lovers and dog lovers would stay with dog lovers. Might make for fewer headaches. =)

Posted by: Rhonda | Jul 10, 2006 10:54:27 AM

Mine behave themselves (mostly, anyway) when I'm home, but I know for a fact that when I'm gone, they do what they damn well want.

Posted by: LaurieB | Jul 9, 2006 3:28:46 PM

The device may only work on miniature cats. According to the laws of perception, the cat in foreground is much smaller than the donuts in the background.

Posted by: Dave | Jul 9, 2006 12:43:11 AM

I imagine your basement as a cavernous, immaculately kept place filled with row after row after row of industrial strength utility shelves upon which set millions and millions (I never got over Carl Sagan) of night lights, chopping utensils, clocks, dog watering systems, athletic socks, measuring cups, rain gauges, treadmills, toilet seats, paper towel holders, organizing devices, grout cleaning treatments, cat collars, thingamabobs, doodads, gemcracks, gewgaws, whatnots -- all meticulously categorized and organized after having been weighed in the balance and found wanting.

The photo of the miscreant leaping off the kitchen counter is hysterical. It looks like a pic of a cat that was laying on its side, relaxing, when somebody straightened out its tail and arranged its legs so it'd look like an action shot, then glued it onto the other pic.

It's good when kitties feel like licking the faucet -- I wish my kitty felt like doing anything at all. A month ago, activity, eating, drinking, everything started declining. There were some false recoveries and now she seems in a permanent decline after many, many vet visits and tests and medications. I fear the worst and I'm a blubbering, hand-wringing mess. Sniff. Sorry to go on so. I just want my regular lap-running, furniture-destroying, faucet-licking kitty back to normal. Sniff, sniff.

Posted by: Flutist | Jul 8, 2006 3:39:41 PM

If you want to stop your cats climbing on the worktops, get a water pistol. Don't let them see you sniggering after you've shot 'em up the arse when they climb up - they'll catch on to you being the assasin and will just wait till you've gone.

Posted by: Skipweasel | Jul 8, 2006 2:55:46 PM