« Podcast Bunker | Home | Reflections on paper cuts »

August 1, 2006

Glow-in-the-Dark Stair Treads

541813_p_1

Though they're intended for stairs I sense myriad other uses, though I'll be darned if I can think of a single one at the moment.

It's sort of like how, when someone asks you what movies you've seen lately and you've been going almost every evening, you somehow can't name a single one.

You have that too?

You don't?

You have no interest in reading a blog created by someone who does?

Oh.

I guess maybe I said too much, huh?

TMI doesn't always refer to Three Mile Island, I guess.

Anyway, let's move on.

Glow Stair Treads

Glow stair treads are visible in the dark to help prevent slips and falls

Non-slip treads absorb and store ambient light so they "glow" in darkness for up to 6 hours, making your stairs safer to use in an emergency, even at night.

They meet OSHA standards for non-slip protection on hazardous surfaces.

Peel-and-stick, easy-to-cut treads adhere to painted wood, painted metal, sealed concrete and most nonporous surfaces.

Polyester with photoluminescent surface.

Each tread is 24"W x 6"L.

....................

Whoever suggests the best possible alternative use for these will win something wonderful, to be awarded in a glitzy ceremony at a time and place TBD.

Which stands, in this case, for To Be Determined.

A perfectly matched set of 3 is $39.95.

August 1, 2006 at 03:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Glow-in-the-Dark Stair Treads:

Comments

Oh yeah, on kitties' collars, if you have a dark-colored kitty, so when you do all this getting up at night to pee, your feet don't make contact with the feline.

Posted by: Flutist | Aug 1, 2006 9:21:51 PM

Let's see...Ah, yes, one dot on the top of the toilet lid, two dots on the underside, so that I can tell, in the dark of night, more asleep than awake, if the lid is down or up before ensconcing myself on my queenly throne. And if it works under water, on the inside of the bowl for HIM, in the dead of night also, to aim at.

And hey, did I ever tell you about the idea I had for attaching Swiffers to any willing kitties' sides (the kind of kitties who like to lounge under things, natch) thereby allowing them to do your under-furniture dusting for you, eliminating one more odious back-breaking household task? (Just trying to rack up points with extra homework.)

Posted by: Flutist | Aug 1, 2006 9:18:33 PM

For other Glow Stuff:

And my favorite Glow Place:

One use for the treads: cut pieces out and put them on items needed at night such as a glass of liquid, marital aids, etc.

Posted by: mattp9 | Aug 1, 2006 6:49:34 PM

I wonder if they can be cut into patterns or say, leaves, so that they are not so aesthetically blah. Are they that surgical green or perhaps are they pale yellow?

Posted by: Mb | Aug 1, 2006 5:03:49 PM

in the dark that is

Posted by: me | Aug 1, 2006 4:45:32 PM

put one strip on your tread mill so as you walk backwards you can see where you could have gone

huh?

Posted by: me | Aug 1, 2006 4:44:33 PM

Put them on your ceiling fan for glow-in-the-dark fun.

Use in place of night lights in kids' rooms.

Put them on the path in the woods to light the way to Grandma's house.

Use them as floor tiles for a waycool game room.

Put them under the counter in place of the under-the-counter light for just a little assistance.

Make your neighbors mad. Put them on either side of your driveway with a sign that says "[insert your last name here ] Landing Strip."

Put four or five next to each other vertically on the wall and make glow-in-dark Spongebob wall art. (You'll have to paint the other features on, too, of course.)

Posted by: Shawn Lea | Aug 1, 2006 3:39:30 PM