« Darwin Online โ€” The Complete Works | Home | BehindTheMedspeak: One fish, two fish... »

October 22, 2006

Packing Peanut Cornucopia

1ill_p_e

I'd never seen so many different types

2fill_p

of those annoying things in one place as in my new

3ow_white

Papermart catalog.

4fill_8

Five varieties (above and below) to choose from,

5fill_8e

two colors, even a biodegradable offering.

October 22, 2006 at 03:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Packing Peanut Cornucopia:

Comments

Why all the hate for non-biodegradable packing peanuts? Can't we all just get along???? Has anyone ever tasted those vegetable protein-based biodegradable packing peanuts? They taste just like Cheetos without the powdered cheesy coating. I live in southern Cali and I'm totally saving all mine to feed myself and my family for when the "Big One" strikes. Oh, I might sound crazy to you east coasters but guess whose house everyone's going to be at after a 9.0? Yeah, that's right! MINE!!! Oh, and Flautist: Your post was awesome except that I kinda like Yanni so I'd subsitute your last line with the following: ".........with their eyelids taped open, to listen to Mandy Patinkin sing a medley of Broadway tunes and ending with "Take Me Out To The Ball Game".....*shudders*

Posted by: Maureen | Oct 23, 2006 5:46:15 PM

oh ladies, I couldn't agree more but in my defense I gather those packing peanuts from everywhere I can find them (recycled and kept out of the landfill!) and use them for shipping. As a production artist who works mainly with glass most of my basement and an entire shed are full of bubble wrap, bubbly bags, and packing peanuts (we call it "ghost poop" around here). Neighbors drop off anonymous donations of packing materials... please please may I have a pass from the honey/stinging bee/slug and toenail clipping treatment? I'm gonna have nightmares... I promise I don't buy the stuff...

Posted by: mm | Oct 22, 2006 6:16:23 PM

madman trapped in castle tower laughs manaically at flautist's embellishment ;-)

Posted by: sbove | Oct 22, 2006 6:13:48 PM

Yes, yes, and as one of the other citizens I would add my saved-up toenail clippings, and huge wads of that hair-soap-glop that I plunge out of the bathtub drain, and sweetgum balls -- then roll the offenders in Saran Wrap and force them to sit in airline seats (coach) flanked by huge Germans in raccon coats while they're forced, with their eyelids taped open, to watch an endless tape loop of Yanni.

Posted by: Flautist | Oct 22, 2006 4:51:57 PM

the NON-biodegradable kind of these insane packing peanuts should be HIGHLY ILLEGAL...like radiocative waste products...and people who use them should be forced to roll in Honey and be coated with them...and then have to stand in public for 1 hour while other citizens are allowed to walk up and stick additional things on them...like slugs and bees and stinging flies.

Posted by: sbove | Oct 22, 2006 4:03:46 PM