« It's good to be queen | Home | Journal of Visualized Experiments »

July 16, 2007

Misty Mate Personal Mister

70327a_400_2

Don't go there.

From websites:

Misty Mate Personal Mister

You'll be the envy of the pool with your own personal mister

Who doesn't want to be prepared for hot summer days at a ball park, on the beach, out hiking or on the playground? You? Then add the Misty Mate Personal Cooler to your bag along with the hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.

The practical and portable Misty Mate Personal Cooler is able to deliver more then just a breath of fresh air on a scorching hot day — it releases a blast of cool air with just the press of a button.

After filling the holding container with water to the fill line and pumping 10 to 20 times, an ultra-fine mist is released, cooling the air around you.

This little personal mister is able to hold the pressurization created by pumping so you can go about your gardening, cheering for your favorite team, boating or biking.

Standing at just 8-1/2 inches tall and about 1-1/2 inches in diameter, this mini mist maker easily fits in a purse, backpack or other carrying case, enabling you to take your personal cooler with you anywhere it's hot.

2hilljhlojl

Features:

• Hand held personal mister that helps you stay cool when it's hot outside

• Simply fill with water, pump 15 to 20 times then press mist button

• Helps keep you cool and comfortable

• Pumping pressurizes the water

• Emits an ultra-fine mist

• Holds 2.5 oz. of water

....................

Jijjoij

July 16, 2007 at 01:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Misty Mate Personal Mister:

Comments

Well, NCE, maybe you're not TOO kind, but I bet you're kind of kind.
And I'll take all the credit I can get.
And all the flattery, too.
I'm just a parasite here. (And I've always kind of LIKED weird.)
And thanks.

Posted by: Flautist | Jul 17, 2007 11:22:27 PM

I don't know if there is such a thing as being too kind in a general, philosophical sense of the phrase. Situationally, it's always a risk. I laugh often from the writing generated from the author of this blog I stumbled upon. I was not flattering you; I don't play that way. I was giving credit where it was due. The author cannot be official of himself and I'm sure he'd back that statement up. Sometimes it's OK to say thanks to a compliment. Nothing icky or weird meant by it; promise :).

Posted by: NotCreativeEnough | Jul 17, 2007 8:20:04 PM

You are too kind, NCE.
But there are lots of characters hanging around here that are waaaay more humorous than me. (More edge, less fear.)
Not to mention joe his own self. When he will.
He don' need no stinkin' humorist.

Posted by: Flautist | Jul 16, 2007 10:34:45 PM

Motion made for Flautist to be made the official Book of Joe humorist!

Posted by: NotCreativeEnough | Jul 16, 2007 7:40:42 PM

Don't go there.
Hmpf.
Naughty.

You don' need no stinkin' thirteen-dollar mister. Just get a little spray bottle that's had something else like mouthwash in it, rinse it out, and there's your mister. Well, your sprayer.

But this is the best and cheapest way to keep cool -- get some terrycloth dish or hand towels, soak thoroughly, squeeze out only enough water so they're not dripping, gently twist lengthwise, place on a plate or cookie sheet in a horseshoe shape and freeze solid. When you're ready to go walk/jog, mow grass, etc., hang one around your neck and as it melts you stay cool as a cucumber. Your neck gets a little cold at first but you'll get used to it. (And speaking of naughty, girls might want to wear a black t-shirt because you'll definitely get a wet see-through kind of effect with a light color. Unless that's what you're going for.) And if you put several frozen towels in a cooler you can keep swapping them out and stay cool all day and into the night as you toil and sweat in the 98 degree, 90% humidity unpleasantness. I suppose you could soak and freeze your underpants, too, but that's a "there" to which I am definitely not going.

Posted by: Flautist | Jul 16, 2007 2:51:19 PM

Keeping cool might be one thing, but why did you say :"don't go there"?
This is as much worth mentioning as the mister, Mister Joe! This movie sits
on my shelf of personal favorites, right beside it's male counterpart,
Life As A House (although probably the better of the two, maybe). Two great stories about.......well. about all the really important
things. Good that you mentioned it. Nice going.

Posted by: David Gray | Jul 16, 2007 2:06:24 PM