« Upside-Down Tomato Garden — As seen circa 600 B.C. in Babylon* | Home | Got Shavings? Evolution Cyclone Magnetic Stick »

September 29, 2007

I can't remember the last time I

Cat_smelling_sock_for_flautist

used a wired telephone (100% cellphone since forever)

entered a bank (drive-through rules)

entered a McDonald's (see above)

opened a phone book (amazing, now that I think about, since it was once a daily — at least — occurence)

shopped at a mall-type mall (covered/enclosed etc.)

bought paper towels or toilet paper in a store (online in bulk they're half the price and I never run out and they leave them at my front door — hard to beat, that)

used my dishwasher (too noisy)

used my oven (microwave + toaster oven does the trick)

used my iron/ironing board

rolled up a car window by hand

What about you?

Flautist?

Shawn?

clifyt?

Adam?

Steve?

Judie?

Dean?

Katie?

Christophe?

Bueller?

Anyone?

September 29, 2007 at 10:01 AM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference I can't remember the last time I:

Comments

used a wired telephone - Well at work I do all the time. Otherwise, it's been years.

entered a bank - Hahahah setting up a small bussiness account forced me to enter one!

entered a McDonald's - Sadly only a month or so. Sometimes cheap, crappy fries call to me.

opened a phone book - Wow. Dear lord it has been a while. Years even. Years and years.

shopped at a mall-type mall - Also years and years. Shopping is so last century!

bought paper towels or toilet paper in a store - FreshDirect is my savior.

used my dishwasher - Oh yesterday.

used my oven - Well the burners at least... See also: Yesterday. I love to cook.

used my iron/ironing board - hahahahahah!

rolled up a car window by hand - In a cab, last week, coming home from a bar really late.

YEah, I dunno. You live a cleaner life than me. I salute you!

Posted by: Adam P. Knave | Oct 1, 2007 11:01:43 AM

Thrown a bottle in the trash.

Posted by: Nick | Sep 30, 2007 9:05:06 AM

Haven't watched a commercial in two years, haven't put in a CD either. Haven't looked at the classifieds in eons, and skim over most of the old news in the paper. I plan to stop writing checks too...

Posted by: tamra | Sep 30, 2007 3:38:31 AM

i don't get it--i must be a luddite (but I drive osx)

Posted by: teg | Sep 29, 2007 10:52:14 PM

That worked; I'll try some more.

I crank open my car windows, unlock the doors with a key, drive a stick shift, don't iron a damn thing (find wrinkles of all kinds aesthetically pleasing), am my own plongeur, love reading (not using) the residential phone book pages -- recently found a Cabbage, a Halloween, an Ulcer (!!), a Pollen, a Moxie, and a Fluff. Can you imagine naming your kid Cabbage? Now Moxie, I can understand. Great reading.

Posted by: Flautist | Sep 29, 2007 9:30:35 PM

I give up.

However, although no one asked or wants to know, if I had to list my favorite methods of communicating in order of liking, they'd go something like this:
1. Face-to-face in person
2. Shouting over a distance, like in "Rocky" when he hauled open a window and yelled "Yo Paulie ya sistah's over at my place she'll be home later"
3. Alpenhorn on a mountaintop kind of thing
4. Phone of some kind
5. Snail mail
6. Witch on broom spelling out words in the sky with smoke
7. Email

Posted by: Flautist | Sep 29, 2007 9:24:36 PM

Fooey. I'm lunch meat, too. Dammit.

Posted by: Flautist | Sep 29, 2007 6:55:34 PM

Ah, the ironing board. We have one. It actually got used twice this month (two weddings)- but that was the first time this year.

Our son was showing our daughter a lift-the-flap book some years ago. "Look, here's the kitchen. And if we open the cupboard door there's wellies, a hoover and...and...and... Dad? Why's there a surfboard in the kitchen cupboard?"

Posted by: Skipweasel | Sep 29, 2007 3:50:12 PM

Seriously this $p@m filter is getting on my nerves. I had to edit a few dozen times trying to guess what was catching, but I have no clue.

I know I'll never pay for a typepad account if they are considering single words to be the reason for $p@m rejection.

Posted by: clifyt | Sep 29, 2007 1:10:57 PM

Hmmm...I gue ss I'm obli gated to play this ga me too:

wi red telep hone: at wor k -- but I still use my per sonal ce ll there more often than not (exc use to go outs ide).

ente red a b ank: To set up a new bus i ness acc ount 4 years back.

Mc Don ald's: Sadly more often than I'd admit...I HA TE drive throughs for fo od, even if I take it to go. I ha te fast fo od but som eti mes it is a neces sity.

opened a pho ne boo k: Whats a pho ne bo ok again? Here is a hint for an yone loo king for ser vi ces away from a comp uter -- 1 8.0 0-GO O G-4 1 1.

sh opped at a m all-type m all: I love in door m alls.

bo ught paper tow els or toi let pa per in a store: Hard to get things de live red to the door if they disa ppear before you get home. But along this line, I b uy all my sh oes (size 15) onl ine -- en dless co m. Nega tive $ 5 overn ight sh ippi ng (i.e., 5 off whatever the co st is listed...its an ama zon store).

used my dis hw asher: Installed my first di shwas her two years ago. It probably has a do zen or two wash ings on it.

used my oven: 3 times a week. Last time I used my Mi cr owave? Coun ting the rings on the splat ters from my ro omma tes coo king, I see prob ably a year ago.

used my ir on/iro ning board: What are th ese? Is this som ething spe cial the dry clea ner has?

rol led up a car window by hand: My Fiero had a winder...5 ye ars back. I have, howe ver, never used the automatic locks on my Sat urn. I find it bul l*hit to pre ss a bu tton wa lking away with a noi sy ho rn intonating that it is secured. How ob nox ious. So it is ei ther unp lug the horn or use the bu tton.

(Time to play gue ss why this isn't po sti ng again)

Posted by: clifyt | Sep 29, 2007 1:08:47 PM

Where do you buy paper goods on line? I'd do that in a heartbeat if I knew where.

Posted by: MamaPajama | Sep 29, 2007 11:04:44 AM

How about having to manually unlock the passenger door? Did you pull up the little knob or did you push the unlock button.

Garage door too?