« December 2, 2007 | Main | December 4, 2007 »

December 3, 2007

Dogs in Cars: 'A website that delivers exactly what it promises — if nothing else'

Homepic

Now

2small

my

3mall

life

4small

is

6mall

complete.

[via Rebecca Walunas]

December 3, 2007 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Bird Song Wand

2erytjj

Now you can practice your calls even after the birds have gone south.

Birdsong Scanning Wand

Birdlovers: for identifying birds on your next walk, take along this easy-to-use set.

Select a bird picture from the 54-page booklet, then scan the barcode with a wave of the wand to hear a crisp, clear digital recording of the bird.

• Wand made of durable plastic with a non-slip finish on top

• 54-page scanbook with full color pictures

• For identifying or calling birds (or frogs)

• Easy-to-use, ergonomic scanning wand

• Wrist strap and belt holster included

• Choose from 206 birds and 10 frogs

• Compact — take along on walks

• Uses 2 AAA batteries (included)

• Carrying case included

• Built-in speakers

• 7" long

....................

1dsgtryt

Regularly $99.95, reduced to $80 (today only).

December 3, 2007 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

"Starting today, the 'Last Supper' will travel on the Internet at 16 billion pixels"

Jpijipjipjbvbv

True.

December 3, 2007 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Football Hat

3654large

So you.

Just don't sit in front of me.

December 3, 2007 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Bespoke Eyeglasses Holder — Make it yourself for the price of a ball of yarn

Zzzzfhhgf
Cvcngg

The Washington Post's Amy Orndorff gives a lesson.

December 3, 2007 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

World's first ballpoint fountain pen

Hbkjhkjklj

World's Only Ballpoint Fountain Pen

This dual-tipped brass pen provides the proper writing implement for formal penmanship or informal shorthand in one device.

The fountain tip has a pointed steel nib that flawlessly deposits a fine stream of ink onto the writing surface and won't scrape the page, allowing smooth handwriting without requiring excessive force.

The ballpoint tip allows fluid writing, ideal for business meeting notations or casual correspondence.

The pen's barrel and cap are wrapped in European calf leather meticulously hand-stitched and embossed with an alligator pattern, ensuring optimal comfort and a confident grip.

Includes a gift box, eight refills for the ballpoint and six refills for the fountain.

5-3/4" H x 2/3" W.

December 3, 2007 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

Why UPS is better than FedEx

139220077socgzp_ph

So I'm at my neighborhood Seven-11 last Friday buying my junk food du jour and after making my selections and walking back out to my car, notice a big UPS truck parked near me.

I unlock my car and start to get in when I notice the UPS driver emerging from the back of the truck with two small packages.

"Hey," I say, 'cause it's my local driver, whom I see about three times a week, most often with stuff from Amazon.

He walks over to me and says "These are for you."

Huh?

He then tells me he recognized my car in the lot as he was approaching the store and figured I must be there so why not save a trip out to my house?

There's something to be said in favor of living in a Podunk town.

December 3, 2007 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (5) | TrackBack

Marcel Wanders Hand-Painted Egg Vase

1rrtru

I've got the unpainted version,

2rfuttuy

introduced back in 1997 by Droog Design.

4tiyui

This one is available in a limited edition of 50.

3gug