« Hoverit Limited Edition Hovering Lounger — 'Don't let gravity get you down!' | Home | Remote Control Pocket Pillow »

April 22, 2008

iComment.com — 'Stick your opinions all over the web!'

Cbgndfhj

What's this?

I saw the website's little ad in the new issue (May, 2008) of Wired magazine so I had my crack research team investigate.

Long story short: "... turns every web page into a huge discussion board, open forum, chat and social network — post comments right on any web page."

That got me all fired up.

Then came the bad news: "For Internet Explorer and Firefox."

For Mr. Camino here that translates as "game over."

Maybe next year.

You go on ahead without me.

April 22, 2008 at 10:01 AM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference iComment.com — 'Stick your opinions all over the web!':

Comments

Very innovative. I'm using Firefox and its working perfect. I think they've really got something here.

Posted by: Mike | Apr 22, 2008 8:26:18 PM

So this is a really fascinating idea.... Sort of like a social version of Internotes. I can foresee both good and bad implications. It leads me to wonder how many abstracted layers up it may be feasible to go with this concept, and calls to question in my mind the nature of the "read/write web" in terms of traditional methods of allowing readers to post to the base website itself.

Posted by: johnjohn | Apr 22, 2008 5:58:37 PM

No Opera either... Oh well, I'm used to that by now.

Posted by: Jen | Apr 22, 2008 5:52:33 PM

Love it! Allows me to see what others are thinking about. This can be an incredibly useful tool.

Posted by: coneybob | Apr 22, 2008 2:27:51 PM

I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely love it. I haven't had any of the problems that you speak of, both IE and FF run quickly.

Posted by: Scott G. | Apr 22, 2008 1:41:14 PM

works perfectly for me. Great tool.

Posted by: marco | Apr 22, 2008 1:38:21 PM

Also, make sure your firewall enables Internet Explorer to have full unrestricted access to the Internet.

Posted by: Mark | Apr 22, 2008 1:33:40 PM

There is usually a way to allow toolbars and extensions to work in many virus scanners. You can always test to see if it is virus scan or a firewall by turning them off one by one for a few minutes to see if they are the issue. This will hopefully be resolved in future versions. -- iComment Support

Posted by: Mark | Apr 22, 2008 12:41:59 PM

You probably need to accept iComment in your virus scanner. Should be fast as can be then.

Posted by: Mark | Apr 22, 2008 12:35:01 PM

Great idea.....totally crappy implementation. It hosed my IE surfing completely! Videos wouldn't show on CNN, Google's simple interface even failed to show at times.

Once iComment was removed - smooth surfing resumed.

Posted by: Jim Hubbard | Apr 22, 2008 12:22:43 PM