« Who(m) do you trust? | Home | 25 of the strangest collections on the web »

June 8, 2008

Pie Gate


What's this?

The no-nonsense testers over at Cook's Illustrated, in the July/August 2008 issue, reviewed it as follows:

"Leftover pie doesn't last long, but when there is some to spare, a Pie Gate... promises to keep the filling intact. This plastic tool, which looks like two wings attached on a central hinge, adjusts to fit any angle — and most pie plates. Its flexible silicone edge does the job of neatly and tightly sealing in leaky fillings. The device can also double as a dam for cut rounds of creamy, oozy cheeses such as Brie or Camembert."

From the product website:

    Pie Gate

    Fits most 8”–9” pie plates.

    Holds pie filling in, keeping pies fresh.

    Flexible edge provides a perfect seal for storing pie.

    Use for cakes, brownies, tarts, casseroles and more.


$6.95 (pie not included).

June 8, 2008 at 09:01 AM | Permalink


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Pie Gate:


I hate you. I am now drooling and there is no pie source in sight...

Posted by: Jen | Jun 9, 2008 10:37:04 AM

The comments to this entry are closed.