« What is it? | Home | Lampada Poltrona »

December 27, 2008

Tryuiop

I couldn't agree more with the comment above, received 40 minutes ago.

File under "You can't please 'em all."

December 27, 2008 at 02:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference 'You being an anesthesiologist does not help me much when you blog about the same crap as other bloggers' — Wangas:

Comments

Joe,

Keep up the excellent work...the rest of you bitchers, blog this!

Posted by: Joe Peach | Dec 30, 2008 5:47:05 PM

Clearly, your non-anesthesia blog was putting this person to sleep.

Oh, wait....

Posted by: Randee | Dec 27, 2008 9:47:06 PM

I'm trying to find this Wangas's blog, to prove that I'm right in thinking it's far from spectacular. Everyone else who comments, I can click on their name, but not him.

I did find a Wangas on Myspace, just the kind of person who would fling off an idiotic little flame like that. Joe, when criticized I always try to do two things simultaneously, no small trick
1. ask myself whether they're right. (And if so, so what?)
2. but consider the source

The Wangas I found is a kid, okay, very young man in Australia, so what can you expect? Flippant criticism. Who cares?

Posted by: majeanne | Dec 27, 2008 7:58:05 PM

Sorry, but I agree with Wan-gas. We need more stories about anesthesia.

Like, how about a series on self-anesthesia.

Or... maybe you did and I forgot.

Posted by: Ray | Dec 27, 2008 5:31:37 PM

Hahaha, you definitely cannot please everybody. Strange that he'd leave a nasty comment just because the subject was not hand-picked for him.

Speaking to your audience is a funny thing. After a technical presentation at a conference, I got two very different speaker evaluations: 1) "Great Speaker, held my interest, very important topic", and 2) "Boring Speaker, useless topic, waste of my time".

I think you are hitting your audience quite well. If this were a pure anesthesiology blog, I'd not be a daily follower.

Posted by: Jeff T | Dec 27, 2008 4:52:44 PM

Your being an anesthesiologist doesn't help me much either, but look at me!
Here I am, commenting and carrying on like a house afire, without any anesthesia or anything.
What kind of a blog is this, anyhow?
Am I going to have to go elsewhere for instruction?
I guess it's back to embalming, sigh...
Honestly.

Posted by: Flautist | Dec 27, 2008 4:28:36 PM

C'mon, he was just trying to get free advice that he wouldn't understand or maybe going to a cocktail party this evening and needed to drop a name; his friend Joe the DR.. Certainly glad you agree with him. You have to admit we are all glad he is right. But please don't ever stop BehindTheMedspeak.

Posted by: O | Dec 27, 2008 4:26:45 PM

He's a dumb a$$ if he even thought the blog was centered around anesthesiology. Where has it been listed as about that? When I blogged I also was firefighting. If I boasted about it or brought it into the blog as random topics, I guess low brows like this guy would then be up in arms because it wasn't about flames or EMT rescue 24/7.
If he needed a crumb, there was the post about Things for an anesthesiologist NOT to do
by that operating or post op? RN. I got caught onto this from Del.ico.ious and subscribed for the
similar eclectic mindset for oddities and idiocyncratic things/ideas.

Posted by: guest | Dec 27, 2008 4:01:01 PM

You know where the problem lies don't you Joe? I've told you this not once, but many times - you please too much. Try being a little less polite, considerate and kind dear friend. Be difficult and abrupt. I know that's hard for you, gentle soul that you are but you have to try. Else, people like our Mr. Wan-gas here who is quite obviously full of gas, think that they can get away with these impertinences. Why! I feel like I want to tell him a thing or two on your behalf. I do!

Posted by: Miles the Eternally Crappy Blogger | Dec 27, 2008 3:53:17 PM

Your being a ironic bitchy blogger does not help me much when your blog is about the same crap as other bloggers. I want a blog about purely ironic complaining... Guess I'll have to find someone else to provide that.

Wangas: Do you provide this service? I'd like to buy your newsletter.

Posted by: clifyt | Dec 27, 2008 3:33:41 PM