« January 24, 2009 | Main | January 26, 2009 »

January 25, 2009

WhyHimWhyHer.com

Tguyhuijokp

"Find out why you fall in love with one person rather than another ... and who is the best match for your personality type."

"Helen Fisher ... applies the latest breakthroughs ... to identify four personality types determined by your brain's chemistry."

I got all excited reading the ad copy above, introducing Fisher's new book (below)

Sgjhkl;'

in the latest issue of the New Yorker.

Then I came to my senses and realized that if you don't have a brain, that chemistry analysis isn't going to do you much good.

Oh, well.

It's about you, not me, anyway.

I don't know what I was thinking....

January 25, 2009 at 05:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Valentine Edition Dunk Mug

B67eb3b4b1

Nice touch: comes in both left- and right-handed versions.

$23.

January 25, 2009 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

'In order to concretely prove the existence of the soul as a linear succession of projected images in three-dimensional time'

Ewtryui

Wait a minute — didn't Philip K. Dick do this pretty darn convincingly in the third quarter of the twentieth century?

The ad above occupies the lower half of page eleven of today's New York Times Book Review, where it implores you to purchase a copy of "The Psyche as Interaction" by Manya Long.

January 25, 2009 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

You're [still] a Barbie girl, in the Barbie World

`1235647

Never really recovered from your Barbie period?

You're not alone in your simmering obsession.

Margaux Lange, now 29, has made a career out of hers by literally deconstructing Barbie.

No semiotics or the usual literary nonsense but the real thing: she buys Barbies on eBay or at garage sales, then cuts them apart and incorporates the pieces into jewelry (like the earrings up top) which she now sells online.

Sweet, when you can make a living out of something you'd do anyway.

[via Rob Walker's "Consumed" column in today's New York Times Magazine]

January 25, 2009 at 01:31 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

MorphWorld: Kevin James into Vince Vaughn

1232059083671_paul_blart_mall_cop

When "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" first came out and I saw the full-page ads in the newspapers I thought to myself huh, Vince Vaughn either gained a heckuva lot of weight to play that part or they did a bang-up job with his makeup.

You could've knocked me over with a feather when I saw the other day it's not Vince Vaughn at all but rather an actor named Kevin James in the title role.

January 25, 2009 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Food Masher

1fhtfth

••••••••••••••••••••

Food Masher

Collapsing stainless steel spring coils trap and force food through the thin gaps.

5hkuyh

Silicone scraper on side makes it easy to clean your pot or bowl.

The unique spring design eliminates jarring on the wrist.

Great for potatoes, avocados, baby foods, and more.

4jgy

Dishwasher-safe and heat-resistant up to 500°F.

11.25"L x 3.75"Ø.

••••••••••••••••••••

2fytfyuf

Black: $19.95.

3jygftg

Gray: $19.99.

Red: $19.99.

January 25, 2009 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Buythecase.net — Why pay more?

1vfjghfh

As shopping moves online and gas prices intermittently rise and fall, companies like this, that offer home delivery in bulk of name brand products, make more and more sense.

Half the time when I want to get tuna for Gray Cat — yes, that's his name, don't ask — the store doesn't have the good stuff (below)

2htty

so I end up buying what turns out to be pretty much the canned tuna in water-equivalent of pet food for a significantly higher price.

Using this site I found the tuna I wanted for a whole lot less than the per-can equivalent price at Kroger.

This site has a much wider selection in many areas than does Amazon and is my go-to alternative.

Bonus:

3uty

January 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBack

Bluetooth Steering Wheel Command Center

This tricked-out electronic fever dream does more stuff than I can keep track of.

Qqqqggq

That's why I stuck the video up top.

Zzzzzz

Mos def not TechnoDolt™-friendly, but everyone else, have at it.

[via my7475]