« Ultrasonic Vegetable Cleaner | Home | Wall Plate Digital Thermometer — Episode 2: Hygrometer »

January 5, 2009

The Do-Re-Mi's of personality — What your musical tastes say about you

Girl, you know it's true.

January 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Do-Re-Mi's of personality — What your musical tastes say about you:

Comments

Damn, I was hoping it said I was a master of tongues, but a speaker of few.

Posted by: RocketBoy | Jan 5, 2009 9:35:34 PM

Rocket, you are stoical, lovely, and aggressively complicated.
You have a promising career in law enforcement or animal husbandry.

Posted by: Flautist | Jan 5, 2009 7:46:58 PM

That was pretty much awful and wrong.

What does this song say about me?

Posted by: Rocketboy | Jan 5, 2009 6:46:53 PM

My musical tastes pretty much consolidated:

Posted by: Flautist | Jan 5, 2009 4:06:07 PM

OMG! Randee, I did the same thing. I was waiting for Milli Vanilli to start telling me about my 'musical personality'. That's almost as embarrassing as admitting to all of you that I used to LOVE Milli Vanilli back in the day, even after they were stripped of their Grammy award! My husband will NEVER let me live that one down......or my crush on New Kids On The Block.....and Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch. I'll stop now.

Posted by: Maureen | Jan 5, 2009 3:39:18 PM

What kind of sham is this? They rate your personality based on your musical interests (for which they ask like 15 questions) and then ask 40 of the most personal questions to determine what???

Reminds me of my college prof who would throw the class papers down the steps and then assign grades to them according to where they fell.

Posted by: Nick | Jan 5, 2009 12:44:44 PM

Nuts, I ended up watching a minute and a half of that video thinking it was a video piece we were supposed to be watching.

Weird questionnaire results, though; I got "moderate" in every single major category. Which means I'm both conservative and liberal and apparently watch every genre of movie ever made by man.

Just like my music, I suppose.

Posted by: Randee | Jan 5, 2009 11:17:51 AM

Pretty thorough in the questioning. Invasive even. For a moment there, I thought they might want to know the color of my underwear too as a basis to decide where I fell in their scales. It turns out I'm below average on everything and I think I disagree completely with most of their results. It so ain't true.

Posted by: Milena | Jan 5, 2009 10:23:18 AM