« Trek Wine Karafe | Home | Programmable Talking Tire Pressure Gauge »

February 1, 2009

Heaven is a restaurant called Tara Thai

Rftio

The Richmond-based chain opened a Charlottesville branch last month.

Bonus: It's less than two miles from my house.

Yesterday I tried it for the first time, ordering a variety of dishes for carry-out, enough to take me through tonight's Super Bowl.

I skipped fried things, figuring they're always best right in the restaurant, hot off the wok.

FunFact: Tempura ideally is consumed within one minute of its removal from the cooking oil.

But I digress.

My verdict on Tara Thai's food: Mmmmmm.

Every one of the six items I ordered was very good, with my favorite being the Spicy Eggplant (slices of eggplant stir-fried with hot chili, garlic and fresh basil).

Highly recommended.

I'll be hitting this place prolly every two weeks from now on.

This might be the venue if I ever have a bookofjoe event.

Real soon now.

February 1, 2009 at 02:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Heaven is a restaurant called Tara Thai:

Comments

So does this mean you're leaving the house these days?

Posted by: Phillip Winn | Feb 2, 2009 6:31:28 PM

There's quite a few Thai restaurants where I live (Western New York), so I'll have to take a pass. DC is a great place for Thai food.

Shocking enough, Calgary has quite a plethora of Thai restaurants.

Posted by: Rocketboy | Feb 2, 2009 1:23:31 PM

yessss, when I'm home from school I love going to TT in NoVA. My faves are satay, panang curry, beef kau pad, and pad see auw

Posted by: Angie | Feb 2, 2009 12:48:40 AM

I agree -- great food, and a nice-looking place, too. Takeout twice so far, and it's a regular for us, now. Even the "mild" is a little spicy, so be warned! :-)

Posted by: Bob | Feb 1, 2009 7:33:52 PM

I used to love Tara Thai (went often to the one in Bethesda). They're great Rocketboy. Seriously. Chain they might be but the food is good.

Posted by: Back to the Future Miles | Feb 1, 2009 2:56:27 PM

Geesh Joe, a Thai chain resturant? I expected better from you.

Posted by: Rocketboy | Feb 1, 2009 2:47:22 PM