« March 2, 2009 | Main | March 4, 2009 »

March 3, 2009

Time and space

Opoip

"Time and space — time to be alone, space to move about — these may well be the greatest scarcities of tomorrow." — Edwin Way Teale, on page 158 of the March, 2009 issue of Juxtapoz magazine.

Photo by John French.

March 3, 2009 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Flautist gives a lesson — How to pimp your blog in the bookofjoe comments section

Iuygiut

Sometimes I feel a little bad going into the comments and deleting the spam, considering that it takes some effort just to get a comment up, what with the Captcha and all.

But then, when something  magnificent like Flautist's just-up rant appears, why, it makes it all worthwhile.

Without furthur ado, then, our very own National Treasure explains it all for you.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

So you're one of those gadget thing blogs?  I do that too, only my stuff is way better and actually USEFUL over at my website: ComeKissMyButtAndBuyMyStuff.com.  You'll find much more at ComeKissMyButtAndBuyMyStuff.com because we have more stuff.  Our philosophy is 'complicated stuff for a complicated world' at ComeKissMyButtAndBuyMyStuff.com.  Hey, your real name's Curtis, isn't it?  I think I saw your sister at Costco on Tuesday in the hairdryer dept.  We have those at ComeKissMyButtAndBuyMyStuff.com, I don't know why some idiot would go to Costco. I used to have split ends but then I got a conditioner (available at ComeKissMyButtAndBuyMyStuff.com) and they're all fixed — next I'm tackling the toenail fungus but they say that's really a challenge although my cousin solved hers when she dropped a concrete birdbath on her foot and all her toenails turned black and fell off and she had grown shiny new non-fungusy one underneath!  We have birdbaths at ComeKissMyButtAndBuyMyStuff.com.

Cheers!
Really like your little website blog thing!
ComeKissMyButtAndBuyMyStuff.com

March 3, 2009 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Happy Square Root Day — 'Party like it's 3-3-09'

Ewrsdtfyguhijk

Which it is, all day today and into the night until 11:59 p.m., when we have to put away all our dedicated revelry stuff until the next such day, which happens to be April 4, 2016.

The last was on February 2, 2004, which coincided with Groundhog Day.

Here is my question: How is it that this is the first time I've ever heard of Square Root Day?

I mean, I've lived through a bunch of them, and for sure I was tuned in online when the last one happened, but I'd bet good money I've never ever read anything about the existence of such a day, which would've gotten my attention in a major way for sure what with my love of mathematics and quirky numerical concurrences.

No matter, it's here and so am I and that's good enough for me.

FunFact: Square Root Day occurs 9 times (3 squared) each century (100 years = 10 squared).

March 3, 2009 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

Rest in Pieces (your ashes to dust)

Iluuioi

Wrote the artist, Nadine Jarvis,

RIP1

"A ceramic urn

RIP2

with a lifespan

RIP3

of 1-3 years.

RIP4

The thread

RIP5

degrades,

RIP6

causing the urn to drop,

RIP7

and smash

RIP8

as it hits the ground."

RIP9

Above and below, stills from

Roma Levin's 32-second long video.

March 3, 2009 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Estupipedia — Gets my vote for best blog name of the year

Estupipedia

Great looking header, too.

Cast your vote here.

March 3, 2009 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Marcel Duchamp's Anemic Cinema (1926)

Shot in Man Ray's studio.

[via Jerry Young]

March 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

What are they?

Zzzzz

Answer here

Vvvvvv

this time tomorrow.

March 3, 2009 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack

Muscle City Car Museum Opens Today

Caouyouirsx-large

Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City Museum in Punta Gorda, Florida features nearly 200 muscle cars — souped up, tricked-out Camaros, Corvettes, GTOs and their ilk, all detailed and polished to a T.

According to Rebecca Heslin's February 27, 2009 USA Today story, "Museum owner and auto aficionado Treworgy owns 64 Chevy Corvettes and 12 Pontiac GTOs, so opening a museum chockablock with cars seemed like a natural move. There's a speed shop next door for muscle-car enthusiasts to trick out their own rides with hard-to-find parts."

zoom Zoom ZOOM.