« BehindTheMedspeak: Sausage Toe | Home | Does Bahloul Younes make the best shawarma in Baghdad? »

March 20, 2009

Edge Brownie Pan — Episode 2: Cheaper, faster and simpler

Bjkljknb

When the original Brownie Edge Pan (below)

Ggiugyh

appeared three years ago it swept the nation of crunchy edge lovers with its guarantee of a crispy edge piece for everyone.

Now comes a lower tech iteration.

Sure, it seems obvious now but where was it back in the day?

"Durable aluminum with non-stick coating and rounded corners helps prevent overbaking and makes cleanup easier too.

March 20, 2009 at 09:01 AM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Edge Brownie Pan — Episode 2: Cheaper, faster and simpler:

Comments

Rebecca.. True, but you do have to apply some heat or it just seems wrong. Look at cookie dough.

Posted by: Rocketboy | Mar 20, 2009 10:49:16 PM

I use a metal muffin pan, set the oven for 400 degrees, wait for it to preheat, put the muffins in for 5 minutes, take them out, open the door once or twice to lower the temp, then let them go the other 25 minutes at 350 degrees... Also, use lots of Pam, but I have been known to use oil on a paper towel to liberally grease the muffin tins. I have decided the more oil they bake in, the harder the crust.

Presto, brownie muffins with a hard crust almost all over. CANNOT BE ACCOMPLISHED WITH PAPER INSERT CUPS. Lame, very lame. Also, splenda need not apply. Does a really funky bubbling foam. I tried.

And Rocketboy, what you want is the mix. Don't bother with the oven.

Posted by: Rebecca | Mar 20, 2009 9:35:00 PM

See, I'm on the other side of things. I'm looking for a brownie pan with no edges, where every piece is a gooey mess.

Posted by: Rocketboy | Mar 20, 2009 8:56:13 PM

Yummmmmm- I always wanted that other pan but didn't want to pay the money for it. Now $20 is more my speed. Thanks!

Posted by: Lilorfnannie | Mar 20, 2009 4:10:54 PM

I see: a pan for 3 brownies. Three. Big. Brownies. With lots of awesomely crunchy/chewy edge.

Posted by: Catherine | Mar 20, 2009 2:07:19 PM