« Password Strength Checker | Home | The Forever Stamp — by Roz Chast »

March 27, 2009

fly-goodbye: how do you spell 'overkill?'


Just in, this new über-flykiller which employs a vacuum and internal tube adhesion — sort of like an automatic Jabba the Hutt — to suck flies in when you pull the trigger.

One problem from my perspective: you need to be within 1-3cm of the fly (about an inch or so away) for it to be effective.

Most flies in my neck of the woods will have vacated the premises long before that happens.


To be fair, though, consider that just four days ago here I featured the laser mosquito killer.

So maybe this device isn't overkill at all but, rather, the bleeding edge of a new wave of high-tech approaches to an age-old problem.


Bonus: It's fly-friendly.

That's right.

It features an internal catch-and-release cartridge so no harm comes to the flies you catch.

Coming May 1, 2009.



[via übergizmo and Cliff Hatch]

March 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM | Permalink


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference fly-goodbye: how do you spell 'overkill?':


This looks like a guys dream come true.

Posted by: Mandi | Mar 27, 2009 1:30:43 PM

Annoying damn thing. Okay, I'll try again.

Death to flies, the hell with the pesky food chain. I will not take a fly outside to freedom and have it probably come right back in and laugh at me behind my back. And anyhow getting good with a flyswatter has advantages: you develop hand/eye coordination, it's good arm exercise, and you learn how to think like a fly, which in my case is a step up.

Felines are good at pest control (lots of cats named Renfield, ater all) but they tend to knock over lamps and delicate glass & china items in their zeal to reach a target.

Posted by: Flautist | Mar 27, 2009 12:52:43 PM

The comments to this entry are closed.