« April 5, 2009 | Main | April 7, 2009 »

April 6, 2009

Who's the artist?

Ikpoi[opipi

Answer here this tomorrow.

April 6, 2009 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (7) | TrackBack

Keybag

1efjertyy

Designed by Joao Sabino Studio.

2wertyuu

Made from 393 recycled keyboard pieces.

3ytjygyj

Pink, Black, White or Red.

4hyjtgtg

€153.

[via noquedanblogs and likecool]

April 6, 2009 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

The Great Kat Shreds Beethoven's 5th

Roll over.

Here's more of this track from her 2005 DVD, "Beethoven's Guitar Shred":

The Great Kat is Swindon-born, Juilliard-trained (violin) Katherine Thomas, whose extreme guitar shredding at 390 BPM makes her "... one of the fastest  'shredders' of all time," according to Peter Aspden's column in this past weekend's Financial Times.

But don't take his word for it: Guitar World magazine named her one of the "50 Fastest Guitarists Of All Time" and Guitar One Magazine called her one of the "Top 10 Fastest Shredders Of All Time."

April 6, 2009 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (5) | TrackBack

Baby Bangs — 'I'm NOT a boy!'

4hjhjg

"Our hand+band accessory combination allows baby girls (with little or no hair at all) the opportunity to have a beautifully realistic hair style in a snap!"

5ddtyywy

Comes pre-customized and size-appropriate, cut, styled and ready for immediate wear.

1sfgfgq

"The wispy hair strands have been arranged in the cutest, most adorable elfish coiffure!"

3ghjn

Five styles: Dahlia Drop, Daisy in the Sky, Fairy Tale Flowers, Geranium Vivace, and London Flower.

2dghhj

Each, $29.95.

[via Kara Place]

April 6, 2009 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (8) | TrackBack

Terminator Robots in Tokyo

1gkghik

In conjunction with the upcoming release of "Terminator Salvation (T4),"

2ytryr

an exhibit featuring the cyborgs from the

3yuuyt

Terminator series (above and below)

4hkjhk

is now on display at Miraikan (National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation) in Tokyo.

5kuyuyi

The exhibit runs through June 28, 2009.

[via pinktentacle and deltaschnauzer]

April 6, 2009 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Tattoo Tester — by JuliAnne Miller

;popo

"Make your own design into a temporary tattoo."

1fdgxfhvgnbm
Nicely done by Ms. Miller, a graphic design student at CCA in San Francisco.

April 6, 2009 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Verlyn Klinkenborg in flight

Rthjterew

His editorial page essay in yesterday's New York Times offers a wonderful introduction to his unique gift of rendering in words what it might be like to be a creature of another species.

It follows.

•••••••••••••••••••

Native Element

The other morning, I watched a starling make a long curving descent over a field that was just coming up green. There was a breeze from the southwest, and as the starling turned into it the bird suddenly appeared to be floating. I felt like I was finally seeing the starling’s true shape, wings extended and still — not as I usually see it, wings folded and quarreling over the bird-feeder.

To see a bird in a soaring descent like that always sets me wondering. What does it feel like to have wings and to feel the air beneath you as substantial as the earth? The same thought occurs when a pair of Canada geese pass overhead. The word “flap” is of no more use in describing the flight of geese than it is in describing the swimming of penguins. Goose wings quiver in flight, deflecting only slightly, and if you watch closely, you can see the goose’s body moving up and down against the stiffness of the wings.

At moments like those, I imagine the hopeless outstretching of my own arms. I feel that same conscious unease about my legs when I see the horses standing asleep in the pasture. It’s as though I’m really detecting how little repose there is in the human body. Surely a red-tailed hawk is resting when it soars across the horizon on a thermal. There must be a sufficiency of rest even in the flight of a goose, or how else could it fly so steadily and so far?

There’s an insouciance about birds in their element that always feels to me like a comment on the human species. I see a vulture looking side to side as it slides by overhead, and it looks to me as though it’s artfully and intentionally ignoring the skill of its flight. I saw the same thing in the Chilean fjords a year ago. We sailed past dozens of black-browed albatross, and every one of them — serenely afloat — looked up at me from the waves with the self-confidence of an athlete, effortlessly drifting on the tide and wondering what element humans call their own.

•••••••••••••••••••

If you liked that, you might enjoy his book,

Hkoh

"Timothy; or, Notes of an Abject Reptile."

I sure did.

April 6, 2009 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Tiffany Sterling Silver Tennis Ball Can

Aaaaaaaaaa

8" high.

Ptyuicture 1

$1,500  (tennis balls not included).

April 6, 2009 at 09:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (4)

« April 5, 2009 | Main | April 7, 2009 »