« September 2, 2009 | Main | September 4, 2009 »

September 3, 2009

'The hard way is the best way, not because it is the best way, but because it is the hard way'

Yui6i6

My credo, previously noted here and here but every couple years I like to see it afresh, to remind myself of what it's all about.

September 3, 2009 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

Tenderizer Ring

12wedcfv

Designed by Ken Goldman.

"See my fingers, see my thumb, see my fist you better run."

See my vapor trail?

[via The Daily What, Core77 and World Famous Design Junkies]

September 3, 2009 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Who's your rock star? My favorite TV commercial of the week

I saw it last night on the National Geographic Channel.

At first I didn't realize what was going on since I watch commercials MOS (mit out sound) but a few seconds in I realized it had potential.

You GO Ajay Bhatt.

September 3, 2009 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (5) | TrackBack

What is it?

Kjpoik

Answer here this time tomorrow.

September 3, 2009 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (7) | TrackBack

Google Apps Status Dashboard

1rhjmfh
Bbbbbbb
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Easy way to find out if it's your problem or Google's.

September 3, 2009 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Apple Tray

1rhdjg

"Hand carved hardwood, made in Japan."

Circa early 1970s.

8" x 6".

2gbghjddj

Set of 4: $22.

[via Kate Miss's for me, for you]

September 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

'The Public Purse' — by Simon Perry

1gvbhm

"The red granite and stainless steel sculpture of an oversized snap-close change pouch is located in Melbourne, Australia, within the Bourke Street Mall. It was designed in 1994 as part of the city’s initiative to introduce unique public seating."

Jkj

"The artwork is meant to work both conceptually and poetically by commenting on the commercial nature of its surrounding and the interaction between the city and its citizens."

[via WomansDay.comAnn's flickr and Milena]