« Birds of Prey | Home | Easter Island Ice Cubes »

January 29, 2010

A question for bookofjoe readers — or anyone else who happens by

080209_twitterdicted

Because I'm sure there are those who just visit to look at the pictures.

Anyway.

My crack Indianapolis correspondent Clifyt emailed me last weekend to the effect that I should have my live Twitter feed appear on bookofjoe's homepage for people who might want to read the tweets but don't have the energy to go there.

Good idea?

Bad idea?

Other ideas?

Flautist?

Bueller?

Anyone?

January 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A question for bookofjoe readers — or anyone else who happens by:

Comments

Go ahead and do it :)

I don't do Twitter, but some people might like the linkage.

Posted by: Jesse | Jan 29, 2010 10:25:37 PM

Pancakes.

Posted by: Morely Dotes | Jan 29, 2010 4:54:05 PM

For me, it is about the raw post...like the last 6 in 24 hours...I love those types of twitters...but I don't have the energy to go to twitter every day...I have a few people I follow, but not enough for it to be useful.

The twits just seem to have a different feel than the standard posts, and thats kinda awesome! Heck, I could even set up a TypePad template that would put them somewhere in the mix of the posts for ya Joe...just with a slightly different format so that everyone would know they were different. Anyhoo....

Posted by: clifyt | Jan 29, 2010 4:14:19 PM

I wouldn't know about such things. I'd say listen to the cognoscenti, they'll steer you right. Probably.

I will say, opinion-wise, that I'm not in favor of any more stuff going on in the margins. I'm already driven to distraction by all this s**t moving around in the comments section, and the gigantic outsize post pictures are giving me migraine auras. But that's just me - I have old, obsolete retinas. If somebody doesn't have the energy to go and do the tweety thing, whatever gyrations that involves, then honestly, they shoulda just stood in bed.

Posted by: Flautist | Jan 29, 2010 3:48:05 PM

Meh.

I occasionally see your postings in Twitter. I come here to see your daily best. For me, a sidebar Twitter widget would be unnecessary.

But I digress.

Posted by: Matt Penning | Jan 29, 2010 3:41:18 PM

Please, no. Sidebar widget, perhaps, but... don't clutter up your posts with little blurbs.

I appreciate your thinking; Twitter dumbs people down.

Posted by: mick | Jan 29, 2010 1:50:27 PM

I quite like the widget idea.

Posted by: Susan | Jan 29, 2010 1:43:29 PM

Do not want.
I would be less likely to scroll through twitter feeds than to scroll through all of the interesting posts themselves.

Posted by: Ashes | Jan 29, 2010 1:39:47 PM

As long as it is done properly (I don't want a post every time you tweet, rather a widget or something that would list the newest ones) I think it's worth a shot!

Posted by: EEJ | Jan 29, 2010 12:44:35 PM