« Hopside Down | Home | Lego Digital Camera »

February 25, 2010

Paul Lung and his pencil

From Beautiful Life:

"It’s hard to believe but these pictures are not photos but pencil drawings.

Their creator is 38-year-old Hong Kong graphic artist Paul Lung.

A 0.5 mm technical pencil and A2 paper are all he uses.

He doesn’t use an eraser and spends up to 60 hours sketching out his pictures.

As he often admits, people do not believe him

and he has to make videos of his work

to prove that these art works are not photographs."

February 25, 2010 at 04:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Paul Lung and his pencil:

Comments

Certainly wowed by the images.

Posted by: Alex | Feb 26, 2010 5:58:49 PM

Here's the only video I could find of him drawing (along with a few videos of him filming what I assume are his cats for inspiration).

http://hk.video.yahoo.com/video/video.html?id=537611 (The change is a bit more dramatic if you pause the video at the start, and then let it buffer, so you can make your own time lapse by skipping ahead. A bit blurry, but very impressive, and gives you an idea of why these take 60 hours!)

And here's some more pics of his drawings: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/6121429/Artist-Paul-Lung-spends-60-hours-sketching-photo-realistic-pencil-drawings.html

Posted by: EEJ | Feb 26, 2010 2:51:20 PM

Certainly wowed by the images.

You wouldn't happen to know where we could find those videos, do you?

On youtube, all I found with his name was one video clip of some of his images, and for some reason, a few cooking videos....

I'd love to see a stop-motion or time-lapse video of his work. Nobody is going to believe me when I send these images to them!

Posted by: EEJ | Feb 26, 2010 2:38:31 PM

...of course me, Joe, I'll always give you the benefit of the doubt. : )

Posted by: tamra | Feb 25, 2010 11:24:02 PM

Where can we see the video? My daughter doesn't believe it.

Posted by: tamra | Feb 25, 2010 11:23:19 PM