« Truth Hurts Cards | Home | Manhattan with no horizon »

February 4, 2010

Taylor Swift & Stevie Nicks 2010 Grammy Awards

Thank goodness for YouTube 'cause I missed it first time around.

February 4, 2010 at 10:01 AM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Taylor Swift & Stevie Nicks 2010 Grammy Awards:

Comments

Taylor was nervous performing with her idol and Stevie sounds gritty like she's gargling.

Posted by: coco61 | Feb 6, 2010 2:58:52 PM

Sounds like the kid could have benefited from use of an Autotune unit....

Posted by: Tim | Feb 5, 2010 6:28:13 AM

I don't get Taylor Swit.. Thats alot of Grammy's for someone that cannot sing.
Stevie Nicks has done more living in a week than Ms Swit has done in her lifetime.
Whoever thought up that duet should be flogged.

Posted by: robby69 | Feb 4, 2010 9:47:42 PM

Well, Stevie Nicks is awesome, even still, with her intensely gritty vocal chops. Great musician, too. I will say that Taylor Swift keeps the whining and yodeling down to a minimum, which is good, considering current singing styles. (Nothing wrong with yodeling, done right. I loves me some good yodeling, western, alpine, or whatever you got):

HOWEVER (she said portentously), Miz Swift should be slapped and flogged for screwing up Stevie's "Rhiannon" with her atrocious tin ear. The line "All your life you've never seen a woman taken by the wind"? Listen to her on the word "life" - my God! Old Stevie tries to sing over her a couple of times but when she's in the lower register old Swift just cuts right through with her horribleness. Oh, it made me weep my tears from mine eyes!

But, when Imelda May and Jeff Beck did "How High the Moon" in tribute to Les Paul, it was great, even though his guitar solo faltered in a couple of places. LOVED her dress, too. So there was something worth listening to, at least.

Posted by: Flautist | Feb 4, 2010 2:41:45 PM

The last song was the best. Taylor Swift has got a lot of charm and charisma and Stevie, well... she's got that and more.

Posted by: Milena | Feb 4, 2010 11:20:01 AM