« June 4, 2010 | Main | June 6, 2010 »

June 5, 2010

Fishing is Easy

In this world premiere of his latest video Cary Sternick, back home in Houston after a sojourn in St. Louis, shows us that there's fun to be had even in your own backyard.

June 5, 2010 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Bizarro World Apple fanboy Scott Adams — yes, THAT Scott Adams — shows some tough iPhone love

Dilbert-iPhone

From his amusing essay in today's Wall Street Journal: "Recently I bought something called an iPhone. It drops calls so often that I no longer use it for audio conversations. It's too frustrating."

Aesfdg

"And unlike my old BlackBerry days, I don't send e-mail on the iPhone because the on-screen keyboard is, as far as I can tell, an elaborate practical joke. I am, however, willing to respond to incoming text messages as long as they are in the form of yes-no questions and my answer is in the affirmative."

Dilbert-phone

"In those cases I can simply type 'k,' the shorthand for OK, and I have trained my friends and family to accept L, J, O, or comma as meaning the same thing."

June 5, 2010 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

2010 U.S. Census Participation

Weratyg

I found the map above after loading Google Earth 3-D.

One of the great things about being a TechnoDolt™ is that you oftimes find wonderful things like Google Earth 3-D years after everyone else has hopped aboard the cluetrain, so you get to experience the awe and amazement without the chorus of early adopters moaning about what isn't there.

June 5, 2010 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Cloud Light/Island Seat

By New Zealand-based David Trubridge,

Hjfgjkl

it's one of three Spiral Island seat/light pairs

Igjhbkjnlm;,

and is currently on display in the "Why Design Now?" Cooper-Hewitt 2010 National Design Triennial in New York City.

[via Pulp]

June 5, 2010 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Impact on Jupiter — Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 20:31UTC

Above, pictures turned into a video.

Below,

the back story.

Read more here.

June 5, 2010 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Pik-Nik Cheddar Cheese Shoestring Potatoes

ASdfgh

I've been looking for this variation on the shoestring theme for years and finally got lucky last night at the little convenience store at my BP gas station.

Bonus: two cans.

Delicious.

Best new junk food of the year to date and sure to be a finalist in my 2010 Junk Food of the Year contest.

June 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

BiblioLife — 'Old books, new life'

Wewgh

"Welcome to BiblioLife , a unique online bookstore offering thousands of classic and hard-to-find books."

Fair warning: There goes the day.

June 5, 2010 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

What is it?

Dfggf

Answer here this time tomorrow.

June 5, 2010 at 09:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack