« June 12, 2010 | Main | June 14, 2010 »

June 13, 2010

"Just got an iPhone 4G — it's delicious!"

Iphone_pancake

Jim wrote that he's "just trying to make some cool pancakes for my daughter."

He continued, "Why wait for the iPhone 4G to come out when you can make one that is just as good out of pancakes?"

And: "I attempted to use blueberry juice and cocoa powder to make black, but it didn’t go too well. It’s not the most appetizing-looking thing in the world, but it tasted good. I tried to get Allie to hold it up to her ear so that I could take a picture, but she told me that 'it’s not nice to play with your food.' Wasn’t really sure how to argue with that one."

[via Ray Earhart]

June 13, 2010 at 05:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Become famous overnight: Find one of these elusive photos of Thomas Pynchon

Erg

....................................................

Jonathan Glassow recently emailed me in reference to the August 29, 2009 post

"Every known picture of Thomas Pynchon" that there were also unknown photos,

in the sense of Donald Rumsfeld's classic formulation of known and unknown unknowns.

The list is up top,

now get cracking.

Above and below,

a reprise of every known picture of Thomas Pynchon.

June 13, 2010 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

How to tune out the vuvuzela buzz on a Samsung TV

Erfgb

Timely, what?

Writes Cliff, "Menu/Vol/EQ it's Bb, so drop 300Hz and boost adjacent eqs. Save as Custom. Done!"

Neither of my TVs has an equalizer function, just bass and treble, so I'm out of luck.

Hope you're more fortunate.

Gooooooooooaaal!!

June 13, 2010 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (9) | TrackBack

How to change centimeters to meters

20818_540

If I'm grading this paper I'm marking this answer correct.

[via bennybb]

June 13, 2010 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Mighty Pump

Qwertey456u678

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Quickly drain your outdoor pool cover, inflatable pool, garden pond, hot tub — any place with excess water.

Simply connect between two garden hoses and immerse — it's powered by the force of water pressure.

No moving parts to break and no batteries to recharge or replace.

Because it uses no electricity it's always reliable.

Heavy-duty plastic won't rust or corrode.

4" long.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Aqzswxdecrfvtgbyhnujimk

June 13, 2010 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

'The greatest movie scene ever?'

Back story here.

[via FlowingData]

June 13, 2010 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

What is it?

Fghe

Answer here this time tomorrow.

June 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (5) | TrackBack

RadioShackCatalogs.com

Xvcbvnmm,

Mike D'Alessio, "for reasons he can't fully articulate... felt moved to scan 67 years worth of old Radio Shack catalogs, page by page, and post them online."

[via Wired magazine]