« July 28, 2010 | Main | July 30, 2010 »

July 29, 2010

Seat Buddy

4thy

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Xfcvdb

Seat Buddy holds your iPhone or iPod touch securely as it hangs from an airline tray, treadmill, car headrest or glove box, letting you watch a video or movie hands-free

23e4rf

Developed by an airline pilot, Seat Buddy features a wraparound design that cushions and protects your iPhone or iPod touch.

Clipboard0139

Its rubber silicone straps pinch between airline seat-back trays and easily attach to car headrests via the included Velcro fastenings.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ddddddddd

$20.

[via 7 Gadgets]

July 29, 2010 at 06:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

FunnyTranslator.com

54tryhj

Wrote Andrew Sylvester of this website, "It uses Google to translate any phrase from English to 56 other languages and back again, with often funny, usually bizarre, sometimes even insightful/ironic results. My favorite example so far is actually someone complaining about the site: 'OK, I'm sorry to be the curmudgeon but I get the translator part, I'm just not seeing the funny part.'

... 56 translations later we get:

'Oh, sorry, I know, I think it sounds great.'"

What I like is the identifying description at the tippy top of the browser, which reads: "Funny Translator — Formerly Bad Translator"

Does that mean that's OK to change the name of that dark Abel Ferrara film starring Harvey Keitel from "The Bad Lieutenant" to "The Funny Lieutenant?"

Maybe it loses something in translation.

July 29, 2010 at 05:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

SanDisk Extreme Ducati Edition Flash Drive

Rtghn

4GB.

Gvhbjkl;

From $69.95 retail but you might have to visit eBay to find one.

[via AT Casa]

July 29, 2010 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Legend of Zelda ABC

30225_540

[via bennybb]

July 29, 2010 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Giant Magnetic Car Band-Aid

5ythj

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Great to have on hand in case you ding someone's car and you're having a hard time breaking the news — just slap it on and lighten the mood.

And if your car has an unsightly rust spot or scratch, just patch it up with one of these magnetic auto bandages — it's easy to apply and remove without damaging a car.

Auto-Aid is also MUCH cheaper than bringing your car to a body shop, so you can save more money for a new car.

The jumbo-sized magnet — 17" x 5" — works great on those larger dings.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

July 29, 2010 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Art of the Serpent — by Guido Mocafico

S1

From Escape Into Life:

S5

"Parisian artist Guido Mocafico

S10

doesn’t use paint, clay or a chisel to create these brilliant works of natural art.

S11

His art form is smooth, silent and scaly-skinned,

S40

the living creatures of the serpent world.

S16

Earlier this decade, Mocafico began photographing a wide variety of living snakes in a color-neutral environment.

S15

The close-quarter confines in these images cause the snakes to wrap and overlap amongst each other,

S22

creating amazing shapes and patterns of bodies and colors."

[via Milena]

July 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

What is it?

Wqefgh

Answer here this time tomorrow.

Hint: It's not bigger than a breadbox.

But it's not a whole lot smaller, either.

July 29, 2010 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (7) | TrackBack

Readability — "A simple tool that makes reading on the Web more enjoyable"

213e3rthj

Sounded good to me.

Until I came to Step 2: "Add your bookmarklet."

When I see the word "bookmarklet" I — like every other card-carrying TechnoDolt™ (and believe me, 99% of people online are just that) — run as fast as I can for the exit.

But just this once I tried to follow the instructions: "Drag the READABILITY badge to your browser's bookmark toolbar. When visiting a Web page worth reading, simply click the link to enable READABILITY."

It worked.