« September 5, 2010 | Main | September 7, 2010 »

September 6, 2010

"Foxy Lady" — Kronos Quartet

The comments on the video note that it's taken from a late 1980s TV show called "Night Music," and that it has never been released on DVD.

Several viewers stated "Jimi would have loved this" and I must say I concur.

I got so excited watching the Kronos video I had to stop bookofjoe production to go dig out my "Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix" CD so I could listen to the original.

FunFact: the song is known as "Foxy Lady" outside the U.S. but here it's  called "Foxey Lady."

Says so right on the back of my CD case.

September 6, 2010 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

WeTab — "First tablet with MeeGo open OS"

Watch out, Samsung, there's a new kid on town and he hails from Germany.

Man, would I love to put one of these puppies through its paces.

Real soon now.

[via Mark Hall]

September 6, 2010 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Grab your board and go earthquake surfin' with me

Sdfghjghfgf

Hanging ten yesterday in Paiapoi (20km south of Christchurch, New Zealand).

I'd give him a 7.1.

Apple

Many more here.

[via Nuclear Toast]

September 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack

Bottle Armor

Ghjkljhgfdd

From time to time people ask me what to get clifyt for Christmas.

Now I know what to tell them.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Protect that special bottle of wine or spirits en route — pack it in our reusable Bottle Armor.

Made of durable leak-proof nylon lined with a layer of protective padding, Bottle Armor protects bottles in your checked luggage, cushioning them from the bumps and bruises of travel.

Features include a see-through window, two extra-strength zip-top seals and a Velcro fold-over flap to prevent leaks should breakage occur.

It even includes a corkscrew that stores conveniently in a pocket on the back.

19.25" x 7".

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Set of two: $21.85 (bottle not included).

September 6, 2010 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

The U.S. as religious outlier

0904OPEDBLOW_600sub

Charles M. Blow's fascinating graphic (above), which appeared on this past Saturday's New York Times Op-Ed page, illustrates the fact that the U.S. is the exception that proves the rule when it comes to religion, the rule being that "... religiosity is highly correlated to poverty. Richer countries in general are less religious."

The graphic appeared in black and white in the hard copy edition, not nearly as striking as it looks up top.

Oftimes photos and illustrations that appear in black and white in the dead tree iteration are in color online, with far more visual appeal.

September 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Glow-in-the-dark tape

Lf

I was sure I'd featured this item previously so I was gonna do a "Blast from the past" but when I had my crack research team retrieve the original post, they reported that it was nowhere to be found, even though they came up with tons of glow-in-the-dark stuff.

Must be a trope.

I've had a roll of this tape around since forever and find it useful from time to time for this and that.

On with the show.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Edge a step in a dark shed... mark your favorite jacket for evening strolls... wrap the post that's too close to the driveway.

Tape will glow for 7-8 hours after 15 minutes of exposure to a light source.

You'll find dozens of uses for this handy tape, indoors or out.

1" wide x 20' long roll.