« "Key Hidden Here" Doormat | Home | Contractor Pen »

October 14, 2010

A note on comments

ANONYMOUS+COMMENTS

In my ongoing effort to get more of you to chime in for any reason whatsoever, or even no reason at all except you're bored/annoyed/what have you, note the following: you need not fret about spelling/syntax/punctuation/grammar/wrong word/etc. — I will fix any errors as best I can in my ongoing effort to make you look as smart and clever as you are.

And remember that, unlike Reuters and its ilk, anonymous comments are cheerfully published without any screening whatsoever.

The best time to put up something hateful is when I'm asleep, roughly midnight to 8 a.m.; after I wake up and have my tea (Earl Grey) and cookies (Lorna Doone) and see what came in overnight, that's when I eliminate self-serving, over-the-top-in-a-bad-way and commercially-driven comments that came in while Gray Cat and I were dreaming.

Comments_administrate_sh_01

But you do have that eight-hour window where the parents are out of town, as it were, and you can party down.

October 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A note on comments:

Comments

Yeah, I understand. I can look at the stats, which are informative, but one personal comment makes my day. Here's yours. You, also, make my day. :-)

Posted by: Carol | Oct 15, 2010 4:27:48 AM

Is he asleep yet? Well, I'll take my chances.
It's gonna be Friday (here) in about 4 minutes, so let's dance!

And watch Bill Bailey talking about European sirens:

And listen to something scary since Halloween's a-comin':

Posted by: Flautist | Oct 14, 2010 11:58:35 PM

Insert smart and clever comment here, please.

Posted by: Tara | Oct 14, 2010 11:37:42 PM

Not to be left out. I often print things from ur blog for my 7th grade students. The ripple effect and so on and so on and so on.....luv u tu.

Posted by: tamra | Oct 14, 2010 10:49:33 PM

We have to wean you from Bergamot - it adulterates good tea.

That a comment that you can live with? Oolong and oodluck!

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | Oct 14, 2010 8:30:41 PM

We love Dr. Joe!

Posted by: Kay | Oct 14, 2010 6:14:09 PM

If a comment was posted and nobody read it, would it make a noise?

Having nothing to say has never stopped me from commenting here! Jeez, I hope that's not going to start being a requirement or something.

Posted by: Flautist | Oct 14, 2010 5:44:04 PM

Kewl idear Joe, uss grematically chellenged peapole appresiate yur eforts.

Posted by: Rocketboy | Oct 14, 2010 4:45:06 PM

I try to comment whenever I have something to say, since I love it when people comment on my blog. It's like a little present waiting for me, saying,"Hey, I actually read what you wrote and I wanted to respond." :D

Posted by: Ana | Oct 14, 2010 4:30:41 PM

cookies for breakfast. tut tut. I'm unsure on the time difference but think I always post while your away x

Posted by: jo | Oct 14, 2010 4:16:12 PM

Earl Grey & Lorna Doone!

Two classics I do enjoy anytime of the day! Go to;

I tried the TE11 (Extra Bergamot English - Earl Grey) Tea.

At first I thought I was having a sensory overload, but like

a big dog, it became so comforting.

One caveat, it does have artificial flavoring ;-(

Posted by: Joe Peach | Oct 14, 2010 3:55:22 PM

Hi Joe,

here we go:

Your blog is a frequent source of inspiration to wrap my own little stories around your finds here. (In this case - sorry, it's German - I'm lamenting over a fabulous T-shirt which is just ME, but, unfortunately, to spend 22 bucks for it would make the printed statement far beyond belief.)

Thanks!

Posted by: Mrs. Mop | Oct 14, 2010 3:36:05 PM

It's not important, per se, but rather a sort of virtual "Proof of
life." At least, that's how I view things.

Posted by: bookofjoe | Oct 14, 2010 3:12:19 PM

I've decided to stop posting on this blog a while ago.

And I haven;t.

Posted by: clifyt | Oct 14, 2010 3:08:10 PM

Why is it so important that we comment? I mean, I read your blog every day (if not several times throughout the day to see if there's been any updates), but I don't always have something to say.

Posted by: Kitten | Oct 14, 2010 3:05:13 PM

Thanks. Prompt duly noted.

Posted by: Miranda | Oct 14, 2010 12:32:57 PM