« "Meshes of the Afternoon" — Maya Deren and Alexander Hamid (1943) | Home | Paperbacks for nothing, books for free »

October 19, 2010

Pen* Scissors


From the website:


For anyone who is a fan of Japanese stationery, here's a very cool 'transforming' writing utensil that truly is more than meets the eye.

This seemingly innocent-looking pen is actually a pair of scissors that you twist, flip and push together to make change.

Not only is it great to surprise your friends with, but its pen design also makes it easy to store in your pen case or pen holder for easy access.


Measures 12 cm (4.7 inches) in length.

*Please note: although it does look like a pen, it does not write. 

It is designed to be compact and to be very kakkoii (cool)."



"kakkoii" goes into the lexicon right before "kawaii."


October 19, 2010 at 11:01 AM | Permalink


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Pen* Scissors:


Just hold down the Alt key and simultaneously type 0162 FROM THE KEYBOARD!


Not that hard, is it? ;¢)

Posted by: Joe Peach | Oct 19, 2010 5:51:06 PM

The cent sign disappeared when computer keyboards happened. This article http://bit.ly/argwGz tells how to make one. Long story short: if you're a Mac user, simply hold down the Option key and touch 4: ¢. If you're a PC, well, you're in for a world of hurt.

Posted by: bookofjoe | Oct 19, 2010 12:23:11 PM

Why is it not a pen, add a 10 cent micropen to an edge and you got it.

I just looked for the cent sign on the uppercase keyboard. I felt like there was once one there somewhere. I am still spinning. Joe, did there used to be a cent sign on the keyboard somewhere?

Posted by: Matt | Oct 19, 2010 11:42:22 AM

The comments to this entry are closed.