« Mac Cursor Pin | Home | Hummingbird Harvesting Scissors »

May 12, 2011

My new favorite cracker

For the longest time, certainly since well before the end of the 20th century, my favorite cracker had been Stoned Wheat Thins.

But then a couple weeks ago I couldn't find them in the supermarket and so decided to take an in-depth look at the cracker aisle to determine whether there might be a plausible pretender.

After I got over the hallucinatory display of over a dozen variations on a theme of Wheat Thins and the like, I happened on Carr's Table Water Crackers, which I'd seen since forever but had never tasted.

I purchased a box and was gobsmacked at how

• physically attractive

• pleasant to hold

• crispy

• tasty

• thin

• perfect by themselves, lightly buttered or with cheese

they were.

Stoned Wheat Thins at bookofjoe World Headquarters™ are so OVAH.

May 12, 2011 at 04:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference My new favorite cracker:

Comments

Water Crackers? Color my world bland why don'tcha?

Posted by: Rocketboy | May 14, 2011 7:25:28 PM

hmmm...I'd always assumed SWT's were just anothe "CANADIAN" thing. We have Carrs and SWT in our pantry. STW, the ultimate with tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.
Carrs for warm Brie or any other cheese (excluding very old cheddar or anything made by Kraft) is superb.

Posted by: Boyd Godfrey | May 13, 2011 12:19:51 AM

Welcome to my world!

Posted by: The Nag | May 12, 2011 8:38:12 PM

Carr's has an assorted cracker box. In it you will find a brown cracker. It is thick. Apply a small slice of room temp, ripe, Brie and a small slice of ripe banana. An incredible combination. You only get three per box.

As for standard cheese tasting - nothing beats plain Carr's water biscuits.

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | May 12, 2011 8:30:00 PM

Its about time you came over to Carr's. It's a much better cracker. Also, it's available through Relay in twelve iterations, so you can try them all.

Posted by: Annick | May 12, 2011 5:32:00 PM

Water crackers = bah. Only with the strongest cheese. Stoned Wheat Thins Minis = the best. But they got to keep the shelves stocked else we find alternatives, as you did. Dare Vintas, for instance. Or Carr's Rosemary crackers, if you have to stay with Carr's.

Posted by: JohnM | May 12, 2011 4:53:15 PM