« Top 10 countries for foreign students in U.S. colleges and universities | Home | Skate (or bike) Tempelhof »

September 6, 2011

What is it?


Answer here this time tomorrow.

Hint: Made of aluminum (aluminium to the cousins across the pond).

Another: Will have pride of place in your batterie de cuisine should you opt to own one.

September 6, 2011 at 11:01 AM | Permalink


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference What is it?:


Meat grinder nozzle?


Posted by: Tomasso | Sep 7, 2011 10:29:48 AM

Before I saw all the stuff about cooking, I would have assumed it was some sort of cover into which valves seated in a motor.

Posted by: Dave Tufte | Sep 7, 2011 9:07:13 AM

It's from old Soviet Union. This is a kitchen device for the manufacture of Russian dumplings.

Posted by: Sss )) | Sep 7, 2011 8:49:00 AM

Finger-In-Pie distributor

Posted by: Flautist | Sep 7, 2011 3:42:55 AM

It's a Hunky Bill perogy maker.

Posted by: Lisa | Sep 6, 2011 10:41:13 PM

The foundation of a compound mirror for a telescope?

Posted by: Paul Pruitt | Sep 6, 2011 10:30:39 PM

Looks like a ground meat insert - so that it comes out looking like brains in the bowl.

Posted by: Michael | Sep 6, 2011 9:27:30 PM

neil, that's the story line for "Attack The Block II." You weren't supposed to go public with it. Now what are we gonna do?

Posted by: bookofjoe | Sep 6, 2011 8:16:21 PM

Heat defuse plate for the bottom of a pot. Example: You jacked a meat truck to feed your family for the Glen Beck Apocalypse. Knowing the electrical grid will be redirected to only Progressivism Obama government buildings to finalize science czar John Holdren forced abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population. You load ample meat packed mason jars into your pressure cooker. The plate defuses the rising heat so the jars cook evenly insuring your family survival underground in your bunker. Feel safe knowing you will have the strength to pull the trigger on your glock.

Posted by: neil | Sep 6, 2011 7:33:38 PM

To me it seems that is used to make fresh pasta!

Posted by: ComeFare.it | Sep 6, 2011 5:41:15 PM

...a steampunk deviled egg plate?

Posted by: Ana | Sep 6, 2011 3:10:12 PM

Artificial honey comb? For those lazy bees out there.

Posted by: LegendxLM | Sep 6, 2011 1:37:37 PM

If the plastic molds used to manipulate play-doh have taught me anything, it's that this device is used to extrude spaghetti.

Posted by: Nathan | Sep 6, 2011 1:14:27 PM

In Azerbaijan, it is used to cook a dish called Dushbara. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Dushbara_Azerbaijani_cuisine.jpg

Posted by: elnur | Sep 6, 2011 12:06:31 PM

Some type of die (maybe for food stuffs)?

Posted by: Joe Peach | Sep 6, 2011 12:01:29 PM

A trivet? I have a couple brake pads spacers from an old BMW I use for exactly the same thing.

Posted by: jim` | Sep 6, 2011 11:42:46 AM

The comments to this entry are closed.