« Pay phone necklace — Off the hook | Home | Caffeind — "Celebrating America's #1 drug of choice" »

March 22, 2012

What is it?

Unteitled

Answer here this time tomorrow.

Hint: bigger than a bread box.

March 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference What is it?:

Comments

A commode hider.

Posted by: JoePeach | Mar 22, 2012 7:20:32 PM

Either a trashcan, a laundry basket or bathroom stool

Posted by: anonymous | Mar 22, 2012 6:17:45 PM

I'm guessing it is the worlds lightest trashcan, made out of aerogel glass.

Posted by: jonathand | Mar 22, 2012 3:12:18 PM

So its not a trashcan for out of date iThings?

I need a place to put my useless first gen iPad...I mean I don't want to throw it away in a normal trashcan. Too beautiful for that. It still works, but I don't know why...it should have self-destructed upon launch of the iPad3!

Posted by: clifyt | Mar 22, 2012 2:02:08 PM

Reader Kvamme is correct in that the object belongs in the bathroom. That is hint #2. Thank you, brother Thomas, for narrowing the scope of the correct answer.

On another note entirely, I have been besieged by readers who crow about having identified my "What is it?" unknowns using Google Image Search.

That's very nice — and about as impressive an accomplishment as what you had to do to get a gold star back in kindergarten, on the order of writing your name with a crayon on a piece of paper.

The whole point of the exercise is to get you to use your imagination, not accomplish the equivalent of using a thesaurus to solve a crossword puzzle.

Sheesh.

In any event, I'm not here to scold or find fault but, rather, to provide fun and diversion.

To that end, starting with today's "What is it?" and in the future, the objects featured will be much harder — if not impossible — to identify using Google Image Search.

I've just hired a Crack "What is it?" Team®™© to find things that are way under the radar.

We'll see how that works out.

Posted by: bookofjoe | Mar 22, 2012 12:38:03 PM

I am not sure what it is but you can tell from the tile that it definitely belongs in the bathroom.

Posted by: TMKvamme | Mar 22, 2012 12:17:32 PM