« Brass Number Clips | Home | Awaglass (写真の著作権は 寺山紀彦 に帰属します。) — Norihiko Terayama »

May 29, 2012

TechnoDolt®™© Guide to Solving a Computer Issue

Qq

[via GraphJam and Joe Peach]

May 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference TechnoDolt®™© Guide to Solving a Computer Issue:

Comments

tamra .. as someone who's spent 15+ minutes trying to get someone to a website over the phone, well, the path of least resistance is faster in the long run. So it's easier to have someone plug and unplug vs trying to find a reset button on what could be a multitude of equipment, some which may, or may not, have a reset button.

Posted by: Rocketboy | May 30, 2012 10:47:52 PM

And how many times have I gone through it with Comcast, plugging, unplugging, troubleshooting, ruling out this, ruling out that, customer service reading from a script, only to be told he/she doesn't know why my internet is down and I will have to make an appointment for a technician to come out? More than twice I think, until one day I discovered the reset button on the back of the modem. Why didn't they tell me to try that first? *sigh*

Posted by: tamra | May 30, 2012 1:29:00 AM

And check the connections. Unplug and replug.

Posted by: Kay | May 29, 2012 3:32:07 PM

clifyt... Rude, maybe, but no worse than people who assume that because you know computers, and that you work with computers, the first thing you want to do at the end of the day is to fix someone else's problem.

Posted by: Rocketboy | May 29, 2012 2:00:33 PM

Pretty much what I tell people all the time when they call me and tell me their computer is not working...did you reboot? Nope? Call me back when you have and can recreate the problem.

I'm told this attitude is rude all the time, but at the same time, they rarely call back.

Posted by: clifyt | May 29, 2012 12:34:12 PM

When in doubt, reset out.

Posted by: 6.02*10^23 | May 29, 2012 11:13:11 AM