« August 7, 2012 | Main | August 9, 2012 »

August 8, 2012

Jabberwocky — Lewis Carroll (1872)

Screen Shot 2012-08-07 at 8.39.12 PM

August 8, 2012 at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (8) | TrackBack

Brick Pillow

RestPillow

Designed by Linnea Blomgren.

Pillow with removeable printed grey and white cotton cover and foam filling.

15.5" x 6" x W 4.75".

$29.

August 8, 2012 at 03:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

What to expect in a box of cereal

A879ea9d-c121-4f4d-8c96-fe145f0fe7fd

[via Cheezburger — BETA]

August 8, 2012 at 02:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

joe's Favorite Thing: Goja Microfiber Cloth

41i0+u8RzCL

I'm shameless: If it's good enough for Oprah it's plenty good enough for me.

71dynYjxyhL._AA1500_

I mean, Helpful Hints from joeeze is a blatant derivative of Helpful Hints from Heloise, what?

61-d1U-AtKL._AA1000_

And Experts' Expert was a feature, long since discontinued, in the Financial Times that led me to subscribe back in the day.

61JZ9+6YfuL._AA1000_

But I digress.

71SlDuNeQtL._AA1500_

I happened on these microfiber cloths while noodling around on Amazon the other day when it became apparent that the ones I've been using since forever weren't doing a very good job anymore.

Considering I've been using them for many months, it's not surprising.

I've always wondered where all the screen shmutz and fingerprint oil goes once it's removed from the screens and my glasses.

I mean, does it just dissolve or break down?

One of life's great mysteries.

No matter: these Goja cloths arrived yesterday and I've been on a polishing Jones, spiffing up all my screens and glasses all over the place.

Now they're so clean you could eat off 'em.

Maybe I'll use one of those Kung Foon spork x chopstick thingies.

Pack of six 6" x 7" microfiber cloths: $9.99.

August 8, 2012 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack

Rinkya.com: "Bid on Yahoo Japan Auctions — in English!"

Screen Shot 2012-08-07 at 7.52.49 PM

"10 years [as the] No. 1 middleman service connecting Japanese sellers to the world."

I won't argue.

August 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack

Pixel Salt & Pepper Shakers

Screen Shot 2012-08-07 at 7.30.39 PM

Plastic; 9 x 5 x 2.5cm.

Screen Shot 2012-08-07 at 7.31.03 PM

Apply within.

August 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

Labyrinth of 250,000 books

Book-1

From Colossal:

Book-5

"The cavalcade of art projects surrounding the 2012 Summer Olympics in London continues... with the completion of this enormous book maze

Book-2

designed and built by Brazilian artists Marcos Saboya and Gualter Pupo (and over fifty volunteers) at Southbank Centre."

Book-3

"Entitled aMAZEme, the stacked and twisting labyrinth based on a fingerprint belonging to writer Jorge Luis Borges

Book-4

was built using 250,000 remaindered, used, and new books,

Book-8

most of which are on loan from Oxfam and will be returned after the exhibit."

Book-6

"The piece covers over 500 square metres, with sections standing up to 2.5 metres high, and will be on display in the Clore Ballroom through August 25."

Book-7

"Watch the time-lapse video below to see the entire project come together — the volunteers worked through the night for five days to finish in time."

August 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack

9.5° of separation — from the floor

Dezeen_95-chair-by-Rasmus-B.-Fex_1_784

From The Awesomer: "Despite the fact that designer Rasmus B. Fex's chair looks like it's about to tip over, it's actually extraordinarily stable thanks to some clever engineering and construction."

Dezeen_95-chair-by-Rasmus-B.-Fex_2

From dezeen: "By tilting the legs and back by 9.5° but keeping the seat straight, Fex removed the need for a stabilising rod underneath.

[via Richard Kashdan]